UBB.threads
Posted By: nr1freak newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:02 PM
hi guys! i'm about to purchase my first HJ Dagger but ofcourse, it comes at a probable hefty price so before i spend any money, i'd like to get a connaisseur's opinion on this one...
the knife is a RZM M7/38 model, it looks scruffy enough to be real, but the blade is a bit shiny (as well as rust-stained) so i'm a bit doubtfull... the handle looks wheatered enough to be real but again... i'm no expert! what do you guys think?

Attached picture rsz_dscn1253_-_copy.jpg
Attached picture rsz_dscn1255.jpg
Attached picture rsz_dscn1257.jpg
Attached picture rsz_dscn1259 (1).jpg
Posted By: stingray Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:21 PM
You should wait for another one,this one is not a original one,it's a post war made,sorry
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:21 PM
Unless that's some rare piece that one of our forum members has written a book about (which these guys actually have- lots)...idk wtf that is bud.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:22 PM
It is not a HJ knife... the grip insignia is for the NS youth.

Is that a lip I see on the scabbard?

Look here for an article on HJ knives:

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Education/Blut-und-Ehre!/

John
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:27 PM
The rzm mark looks just awful
Posted By: nr1freak Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 02:55 PM
well, that saves me a few 100 bucks :-) thanks! i figured it was too good to be true anyway, finding a dagger like that, not too far from where i live! is there a reliable source that has good quality daggers for sale? i found some US-websites that seem to be promising good quality stuff but perhaps there is a guaranteed good seller out there u guys know of? thx again!

Freek from Belgium
Posted By: Jim W Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/01/2016 03:30 PM
If you are looking for an original Hitler Youth knife, Herr Mann, the moderator of our Hitler youth forum, lives in Belgium and I am sure he would be very happy to supply you with an original knife at a fair price.

Otherwise, check the advertisers on this web site and buy from them.
Posted By: Arminius Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/02/2016 12:12 AM
Yes, get in touch with Herman. You can't go wrong there.
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/03/2016 09:45 PM
Thanks, Jim and Arminius!

Herman
Posted By: bartman Re: newbie's first buy! - 05/11/2016 04:32 PM
yep post war crap
© Your new forums