UBB.threads
Posted By: NathanK HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:52 AM
Hi Folks,

i've flicked through a number of my reference books and i've not come across a blade that was marked "f�r verdienste um die deutsche jugend"

The box is aftermarket which the owner states, but he said he picked the dagger up on a buying trip in europe.

I'm curious to see what others think? other than the inscription, the eagle does look a bit off

thanks!

Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:09 PM
These "Verdienste..." blades are well known fakes. Up to now there is no original one known. The dagger itself has also other issues which make him a fake (eagle, leather, grip, gripwire and and...).
Regards,
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:13 PM
BTW the etui, if it is the one I think of (would need to see the obverse), which is a postwar custom made etui, once housed an original, rare mint conditioned tagged dagger with all acoutrement (hangers and belt loop).
Regards,
Posted By: NathanK Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/13/2015 10:35 PM
Hey Wotan, thanks. Yer i was surprised when i searched here that no one had previously posted.

As always, thanks for your input!!

-nat
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/14/2015 03:50 PM
I have looked through my files and yes, did find the etui, manufactured by well known Skipper Greenwade. As said, at this time it housed an "common", original H�RSTER leader dagger with all proper accoutrement.
Has been offered by TMJRB&M in 2008 from where I have saved the pic. If there are problems concerning the pic plese delete it.
Regards,

Attached picture 25538-open%20case.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 02:12 AM
Wotan,

I was thinking the same thing as I remember that exact postwar display case. The outside had a large HJ diamond on it's obverse. Very nicely done case from what I remember.
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Billy G.
Wotan,

I was thinking the same thing as I remember that exact postwar display case. The outside had a large HJ diamond on it's obverse. Very nicely done case from what I remember.

HJ logo, very cleverly rendered with wood inlays.

Attached picture 25538-case.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 06:29 PM
That's the one Barry, nice workmanship.
Posted By: militarymania Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 09/29/2015 11:50 PM
up for sale once again sans hangers at auction,,starting bid of $450.00
© Your new forums