UBB.threads
Arthur Sch�ttelh�fer, RZM M7/13 is considered to be the most common HJ-knife of all. His makersmarks are not seen too much on other German daggers. This producer of blades really must have focussed on HJ's, so there should be many variations.

Let's test this theory, do you have one by this maker, let us know or even better show us if you can.

Best greetings,

Herman

Description: 1
Attached picture A2.jpg

Description: 2
Attached picture A1.jpg
Maybe I am the only one having such a common RZM M7/13 knife... Smile Everyone else must have sold his one... So that is why they "appear" to be common: changing owner all of the time... Wink

I will post a variation later today.

Best greetings,

Herman
Hi Herman,
OK, OK, I have one. Wink
Best regards,
Janos

Attached picture Hjfront.jpg
back

Attached picture HJBack.jpg
RZM

Attached picture RZM.jpg
grip

Attached picture Grip.jpg
last

Attached picture Grip2.jpg
Hello Janos,

Thank you for showing this very nice Sch�ttelh�fer knife, I like the untouched look a lot. This knife has a steel based magnetic grip right? Same as the knife I showed.

The following one has the zinc based hilt, you can see the blue metal comming through close to the finger guard and the pommel. Late production, but the same makersmark was used.

Best greetings,

Herman

Attached picture B1.jpg

Attached picture B2.jpg
Just one of these

Attached picture Schuttelhofer_Bag_Tag_Bsm.JPG

Attached picture Schuttelhofer_Bag_Tag_sm_Asso.JPG

Attached picture Schuttelhofer_Bag_Tag_sm.JPG
Wow, John, you got out a real treasure here! Thanks a lot for showing it here... Eek

Does this one has an earlier magnetic hilt?

I wonder what more there is to come from you... Smile

Best greeting,

Herman
Here is another variant by this maker: very late production: with plastic hanger, non magnetic grip, same (but lighter) makersmark.

Who can show us an early or transitional by this maker?

Best greetings,

Herman

Attached picture B1.jpg

Attached picture B2.jpg
I have had many of these over the years..there came a point about two years ago where every HJ i picked up at a show was an M7/13!!
Hello, I believe this maker also made "oodles and oodles" of S/A's and NSKK's! Smile I have a "tagged and bagged" S/A by RZM/7/13. Regards, Leipzig
Here is mine- My first ever HJ knife.

John

Very nice late HJ-knife by this maker, John!
Could be the start of a great HJ-knife collection. Wink

Best greetings,

Herman
Another late one by this maker, this time the hanger is made of pigscin:

Attached picture A1.jpg

Attached picture A2.jpg

Description: 3
Attached picture A3.jpg
how do you post on here and put a pic up.
tattoo bob. You have to resize the pictures and then go to the bottom where it says reply then add attachment.
SSman
Here is an early version by this maker:

Attached picture A1.jpg

Attached picture A2.jpg

Attached picture A3.jpg
Sweet! Show us the motto side.

John
Yes, Nice one Herman. Love those thin blade early examples. Smile

-serge-
Thanks, Serge.

Here you go, John:

Best greetings,

Herman

Attached picture B1.jpg

Attached picture B2.jpg
Great knives! Love the last one - beautiful condition!

Regards
Russell
Here's a late one, different to the others shown. It has a solid red diamond. The diamond is correctly pinned and moves from side to side, and is also a little 'springy' when pressed.

Regards
Russell

Attached picture m13_1.JPG

Attached picture m13_2.JPG

Attached picture dim1.JPG
nice to see that the one that Herman showed earlier , that has the crossgraining , shows a weakish RZM marking, I always thought that was a sign they had been re-polished but patently that is not the case. More useful info to store away :-)
A few of the M7/13's I have are lightly struck on one side - seems fairly common for this maker.

Regards
Russell
Very interesting one you show here, Russell.

Best greetings,

Herman
heres one of my three late 7/13's when i find my photos ill get the others up Smile

bit more on the 'well loved' side

Herman, yes an interesting knife, and the reason why I bought it. I have no doubt about the diamond being original to the piece. The grip has several indentations down the hilt, between the grip plates and to the top. I think it most likely the plate was damaged as a result of this knife being used as hammer at sometime, and the dents match up to where the plate has broken. The diamond is correctly fixed to the plate, and it is quite clear these are the original plates as they are perfectly fitted. There is also what I think is a small piece of broken grip rattling around inside the hilt - probably the small piece on the less damaged plate. Solid diamonds are also seen on late war HJ badges, RZM marked as well.

Regards
Russell

Attached picture grip.JPG
Couple of nice knifes you show us there, Evilmike. The first one appears to have an interesting hilt: complete zinc or is it aluminium? Was the plating removed in your opinion?

Russell, that is interesting information, most of us (including me) are often suspicious when it comes to solid red diamonds, but this appears to proof that some are period. Thanks for the valuable input!

Best greetings,

Herman
I wouldnt be surprised if its original finish, it shows no sign of damage, of any left over plating hidden say under the leather hanger etc. Its non magnetic, but its certainly very different to other hj's i have and have seen where the plating has been removed.
Another Sch�ttelh�fer variation:

Attached picture A1.jpg

Attached picture A2.jpg

Attached picture A3.jpg
Herman, Here is my standard Schuttelhofer RZM.

-serge-

That looks like a very nice Sch�ttelh�fer HJ, Serge. Can you show us some more of it?

I think it must be a very late knife, based on the the lighter stamping of the makersmark and the application of the cross grain.

What kind of a scabbard came with it, plastic strap hanger, or pig skin,... ?

Best greetings,

Herman
Sure Herman. Here a 3 more not good photos. I know the strap is not plastic, can't recall now. You would know better. Smile

I always thought the plastic was "last ditch" but from my limited undestanding of these that was not always the case. I have what I thought was tha "last" version "clip point" "No-Maker" HJ and I recall it has a pigskin hanger.

-serge-

I like your Sch�ttelh�fer knife, Serge!

Best greetings,

Herman
Thanks Herman. Smile

I remember when nobody wanted a 7/13 because they were everywhere. How times have changed.

-serge-
I have several HJs by this maker to include the plastic hanger version and a very rare variation I adore. To include my HJ I know of one other factory presentation HJ with a tempered blade similar to what the Japanese did, with a temper line!
Best Wishes,
Bob
There was a period of time when every RZM SA dagger and HJ knife i looked at seemed to be an M7/13 !!!!!
© Your new forums