UBB.threads
Posted By: Anonymous New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:56 AM
Any come across this distributor mark before?

Attached picture SpielbergFullView.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:57 AM

Attached picture SpielBergGrip_DistribMark.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:57 AM
typical alcoso eagle

Attached picture SpielgergEagle.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:58 AM
typical alcoso pommel

Attached picture spielbergpommel.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:59 AM

Attached picture FullGripSpielberg.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 11:59 AM
love this script

Attached picture SpielbergInscription.jpg
Very very nice. Interesting that Spielberg is a Jewish name and Alcoso a Jewish maker.
I'm happy for you.
Posted By: TKissinger Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 02:14 PM
Check this link out, there are two daggers with the same distributor.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/812094...650004083#1650004083

TKissinger
Hey! I believe I have that same distributor on the spine of a "AC" marked Army sword! I guess these guys only stocked Alcoso! I will post a pic asap. By the way,SWEET personalised Heer Gustavo!! Big Grin Big Grin Kevin.
Posted By: Willy Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 04:58 PM
If the big time movie director sees you have Grandpa's dagger, he may want it back! Wink
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 06:09 PM
Gustavo,

I have an Army or 2nd Luft blade by the same distributor with an Eickhorn TM. I'll try to find it and post a picture.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/18/2006 06:32 PM
thanks guys

the only thing i dont like about this piece is the poor fit of pommel and top of the grip. Wittmann talks about the issue of very small pommel collar, small neck circumference etc. on Alcoso armies. Basically there is some space visible around the top of the grip around the thin pommel collar. I asked a couple of the experts and dealers, and one told me this does happen with Alcoso daggers, while the other felt that for the premium price i paid i should expect a near perfect dagger. I ended up going for it, as nice named daggers are not easy to find, and researchable pieces are the only ones i collect
Posted By: Billy G. Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/20/2006 10:26 PM
Gustavo,

Great Heer piece and a great distributor marking. I've seen it once or twice on Heer daggers on the blade as yours has and once or twice on dress bayonets with the marking on the spine. Terry's link is for a a thread that has the G�nther mark on the blade spine.

A shame about the poor pommel fit but if it's something others have seen and can attribute to a specific manufacturer, well then as far as I see it it's not the least bit detractive as a collectible. A shame some makers were cheaper than others in not investing time in a little better fit.
Posted By: hans51 Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/21/2006 01:56 AM
Gustavo,
Great looking dagger. I have an Heer dagger with the same distributor mark. It also is alcosa.
Phil
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/21/2006 03:40 PM
Here is the blade that I mentioned earlier. It's either a Heer or 2nd Luft by Eickhorn.

Attached picture Blade_2.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: New named Alcoso army, distrib. marked - 01/21/2006 03:41 PM
TM

Attached picture blade_4.JPG
© Your new forums