UBB.threads
Posted By: glc luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 02/28/2007 02:48 PM
i have a luftwaffe dagger with following mark. SOLINGEN with line thru S, 1939, then a cross which consist of 5 square boxs with B&A, the & is in center square with the B and the A in other squares, the reverse of blade has germany on it anyone know maker thanks glc
Posted By: HJ-collector Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 02/28/2007 03:51 PM
What you have is a bit of the "fake of fakes". A real classic, that has (at least by judgeing from what I have seen on the internet) actually become a colletible itself, and got more expensive, even as a fake/parts dagger.
I guess, to some small extent you could almost say it is a good way of starting a collection. A least you now what to avoid in the future.

But it is still a fake, though... If you think about it, why would the germans mark any of their daggers with "Germany"? It is not like they exported nazi stuff to english speaking countries.
It is almost comparable with old copies of expensive toy cars, for the "average guy", or something. I think they were sold by low price chain stores and so on, back in the days, not too long after the war ended...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 02/28/2007 05:04 PM
can you post a photo?
Posted By: steveh Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 02/28/2007 07:29 PM
i`d also be interested in a pic of the dagger/maker mark if one is available. thanks.
Posted By: glc Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 03/01/2007 12:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by glc:
i have a luftwaffe dagger with following mark. SOLINGEN with line thru S, 1939, then a cross which consist of 5 square boxs with B&A, the & is in center square with the B and the A in other squares, the reverse of blade has germany on it anyone know maker thanks glc

Attached picture DSCF0022.JPG
Posted By: glc Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 03/01/2007 02:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by blueboyukb:
i`d also be interested in a pic of the dagger/maker mark if one is available. thanks.
picture of makers mark posted
Posted By: Anonymous Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 03/04/2007 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you've found that B&A is post war maker.

They made SAs also. The SAs are found without scabbards, the Luftwaffes either without scabbard or in a leather one, from my experiences.

I've seen the SAs priced $200-250 recently. Not real sure what the Luftwaffes are worth.
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 03/05/2007 03:28 PM
There is an SA by this maker with "solingen" beneath and "Germany" stamped, on Manions right now...
Posted By: lugar05 Re: luftwaffe dagger maker mark - 03/05/2007 04:44 PM
thanks for posting the luft B&A hallmark as i have the SA dagger with the B&a
lugar05
© Your new forums