UBB.threads
Here is a recent find I am very happy with and needed for the Slant collection.. I have seen quite a few from Sielheimer but none other with these nicely hand enhanced fittings so I jumped on it. Like your opinions on the origins of these fittings, I have my idea's and I would appreciate you learned fellows feedback! Best, Kevin

Attached picture IMG_2233.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2238.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2231.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2235.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2234.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2242.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2236.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2237.JPG
more..

Attached picture IMG_2240.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2239.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2241.JPG
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/18/2017 02:23 PM
Nice!

J
Posted By: Janos Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/18/2017 06:39 PM
It is more than nice. It is awesome! Still missing a nice Seilheimer from my early Heir collection.
Congrats Kevin, I love the look of the dagger, especially the eagle! And the crossgrainig is just beautiful.

Janos
Thanks guys!

Janos, Wish you could make it to the shows over here in the US some time, be great to meet you!

Kevin.
Posted By: Gerrit1963 Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/19/2017 07:15 AM
Kevin that is a true beauty with one of a kind fittings!
I love that mix of a Pack type 2 body and that Weyersberg head, that lazy eye is perfectly executed.
This one is a gem in every early Heer dagger collection.

Ger
Appreciate that Ger! I have always wanted a PS for my early collection but one does tire of the typical unenhanced Pack 1st guard usually seen with small volume makers of initial slant gripped Heers... if it is possible to get bored of slants! LOL smile Variations like this are a pleasure! Best, Kevin.
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/19/2017 04:13 PM
Sweet, they don't get much better than that...good job Kevin.

Patrick
Posted By: Gerrit1963 Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/20/2017 07:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Kevin (heers68)
Appreciate that Ger! I have always wanted a PS for my early collection but one does tire of the typical unenhanced Pack 1st guard usually seen with small volume makers of initial slant gripped Heers... if it is possible to get bored of slants! LOL smile Variations like this are a pleasure! Best, Kevin.

Exactly my thoughts!
I dont get very excited seeing a Pack 1 guard when its not on a Pack dagger, although i most admitt i recently bought a lovely Gustav Spitzer with Pack fittings, the lovely grip and the great blade with dark crisp logo triggered me.

The hand enhancement on fittings of early ones made by:(for example) Pack, Puma, WKC, Voos, Henckels, Weyersberg and Klaas are what we are looking for smile
Seeing this beauty gives hope for the future as this is the second "new discovered" guard that i have seen within a year!!

This gem would fit in any collection.

Ger
Ger, Like to see your new Spitzer (if I haven't already! wink )! I just picked one up myself.. I will post soon as I think you will like it! Best, Kevin.
Posted By: Fitzer Re: Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review.... - 10/21/2017 04:42 AM
Outstanding. Thanks for showing
Kevin beautiful slant and crossguard. I have always admired this dagger in Wittmann,s book. Great dagger for your army collection this one has all the bells and whistles. Look forward to seeing pictures of your other max acquisitions.
Originally Posted By: WW2-Collector
Kevin beautiful slant and crossguard. I have always admired this dagger in Wittmann,s book. Great dagger for your army collection this one has all the bells and whistles. Look forward to seeing pictures of your other max acquisitions.

Correction - This dagger is not in Wittmann,s book ! Great slant by a super hard to find maker.
© Your new forums