UBB.threads
Just picked this minty sweetheart up at the SOS show and would love to share it with you fine folks! First for me, an initial example from Richard Abr. Herder! Check out the maker mark way down the blade like many early examples.. big tapered tang inside that popsicle orange grip too. Comments and other examples to show would be appreciated! Best, Kevin.

Attached picture IMG_2125.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2126.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2127.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2129.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2130.JPG
more..

Attached picture IMG_2132.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2131.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2133.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2134.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2135.JPG
Kevin
What a beautiful and Rare piece quite a find. I think the tapered tang and position of that early maker mark on the blade validate this rare dagger. The SOS 2016 was a good show that turned up some nice daggers !
Posted By: JohnZ Re: New Slant Heer from the SOS...ONLY EXAMPLE??? - 02/21/2016 09:31 PM
Kevin:

What a beauty!

I have this maker mark on a Luft2... not as far down the blade and not as nice a blade as yours, but still pretty neat.

Attached picture TM - No Oval.JPG
Posted By: Janos Re: New Slant Heer from the SOS...ONLY EXAMPLE??? - 02/21/2016 11:51 PM
Kevin,
In my opinion your Herder dagger very likely the best find of the SOS this year in army dagger category.
It is beyond rare, a true beauty, and its condition is perfect.
It is a dream of every early army collector.

Originally Posted By: heers68
Comments and other examples to show would be appreciated! Best, Kevin.

I am afraid we won't see many other examples... :-)

Congratulation!

Janos
Kevin,

That's a most beautiful example. Really hits all the marks, condition, super grip, all early elements & a great looking crossguard. You snagged a winner but I sense you know that already!
Thanks guys! I was kind of blown away by this one.. what's the chances? So rare and such nice condition! Has to be another out there somewhere?! Kevin.
Fantastic and rare piece Kevin, I'm glad that you found it my friend
Posted By: dr73 Re: New Slant Heer from the SOS...ONLY EXAMPLE??? - 02/29/2016 06:42 PM
Here's mine with the same maker mark. Not nearly as beautiful as yours but I like it.

Danny

Attached picture 34e.jpg
Attached picture 34d.jpg
Oh that's a beauty Danny!! Look at the beautiful patina and a very fine jeweler personalization, Well done! Kevin.
Truly a rare variation
I cannot recall owning an early herder slant in my army collection and i thought i had them all
Very nice dagger
Thanks for comments Roy, I know you have had most of the real rare makers! best, Kevin.
That is a killer Army dagger. I can't recall seeing another one like it. Congrats Kevin !
© Your new forums