UBB.threads
Posted By: JR Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 05:59 PM
Posting a photo for Baz of a dagger that showed up for him, and no doubt can't wait until he can get his hands on it. Big Grin

Attached picture Baz.jpg
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 06:12 PM
Ohhhhhhhh look at the grip it's all cracked Big Grin
Looks like a winner,I'm sure he's going to be happy
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 06:16 PM
Yep, Can't wait to hold this piece, no Bernie fondle for me but it'll take pride of place next to me at my workstation.

Thanks for posting

Gary
Posted By: 777 Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 07:00 PM
Beautiful thing. I wish it wasn't forbidden to get ivory imported to Europe Frown Seems like not every country, but I prefer not to risk. Are UK customs OK with ivory ?
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 08:04 PM
JR you can sure take a picture!!
Posted By: Jon Fish Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 09:21 PM
UK customs do not allow the import of ivory so hope this gets through.
Posted By: JR Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 09:38 PM
Dang the luck.......... I guess I'll have to keep it. Big Grin
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Baz's Army - 06/12/2010 11:41 PM
Gary,

Maybe you could ship the dagger & carry the grip yourself next jump over the pond? Beautiful piece.

The current ivory rules are just ridiculous, how is a 65+ year old dagger grip going to perpetuate modern day poaching anyway?
Posted By: Willy Re: Baz's Army - 06/13/2010 12:24 AM
I miss it already!
Glad it's going to someone who appreciates it!
Thanks again, Gary!
Posted By: Addyfie Re: Baz's Army - 06/13/2010 01:47 PM
I managed to get my ivory gripped voos through uk customs in january, i didnt realise there was a european ban on importing ivory until reading this so guess i was pretty fortunate .Anyways I hope your new peice finds you with no problems.
Good Luck
Regards Adam
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Baz's Army - 06/13/2010 02:38 PM
At the SOS this year, I picked up two ivory handled daggers, an Army almost as good as the one JR shows for Gary, and a Luft2.

I carefully disassembled the daggers, took off the ivory grips and had the daggers sans grip mailed to me.

The two grips were casually and carefully put into my pockets along with a nonchalant nothing to declare for the Canada Customs gentlefolk. A little scary for a few minutes, but no awkward questions or large explanations required.

I don't do this very often.. mainly because ivory gripped things are so darned expensive.

John
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Baz's Army - 06/13/2010 04:27 PM
Thanks Bill, it is an unbelievably nice dagger.
There will be no problem with this piece, I'm going to collect it when I'm over for the Max show if I can prize it from JR's grasp.

Thanks guys

Gary
Posted By: WWII Re: Baz's Army - 06/14/2010 07:18 AM
Gary,

Nice one! Wink

W~
Posted By: jager Re: Baz's Army - 06/14/2010 10:52 AM
Gary, I am having difficulty finding the hunting scene on this dagger. Anytime you can find ivory on any dagger, it just helps make the piece special. Very nice piece for your collection. James
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Baz's Army - 06/14/2010 07:11 PM
James

Very good, your right though, sometimes the plain blade one's are just as nice Big Grin.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments.

Gary
Posted By: pvon Re: Baz's Army - 06/14/2010 09:43 PM
Gary

Thats a stunning dagger! JR sure can take a pic!

PVON
© Your new forums