UBB.threads
Posted By: dr73 Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 08:16 AM
I would like to show you the latest addition to my collection of army daggers. A nice slant grip army dagger by E. Pack with a type 2 Pack crossguard. I love the hand enhanced scabbard bands of these early daggers.

Danny

Attached picture IMG_2190.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2191.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2194.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2195.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2196.jpg
Posted By: dr73 Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 08:17 AM
Some more pictures. The blade is just perfect!

Attached picture IMG_2198.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2199.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2201.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2202.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2203.jpg
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 04:39 PM
Ooh-la-la!

I bet that Tom and Ivan are just drooling over this one.

John
Posted By: stingray Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 05:15 PM
It's a beauty in super condition,I love it.
John you're right about the drooling grin
Posted By: Jim W Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 05:39 PM
Don't you just love those deep grips.

Beautiful addition.

JIm
Posted By: Mikee Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/12/2013 06:43 PM
Oh boy, that's a nice one! Congratulations!
John Z your right! Oh my that is a great dagger. These early packs are not easy to find and not all of them have the wonderful hand worked pattern scabbard bands like this one.
Posted By: Landser Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/13/2013 12:03 AM
A very beautiful dagger indeed! It took me years to get one!
Danny
Absolutely first rate piece. I know this is in Tom's league. Wonderful. I thought you were a Navy guy or have you succumbed to the lure of early Armies like I did while looking for my next Navy?
As always, you manage to find top quality pieces that are the envy of the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers and regards,
Rick
Posted By: dr73 Re: Early slant grip army dagger by E. Pack - 09/13/2013 11:20 AM
Thanks for the kind comments. They are much appreciated. As Rick said I started out as a navy guy but while looking for another navy and enjoying Tom's posts of his great armies I got more and more attracted to early army daggers. I just love the handwork on these pieces and I think the slant grips are beautiful. I haven't lost interest in navies. I've just added a second type of dagger to hunt for smile

Danny
Great early Pack for sure! I would love to add one like this to my collection. The hand work and fantastic blade really make it, like this style of Guard too! Congrats!! Kevin.
© Your new forums