UBB.threads
Posted By: Dion Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/02/2008 05:31 PM
Hi Guys,
I`ve been offered an Ivory gripped army dagger rig to a common maker. My question is, what do these sell for about, in EXC+++ condition??
I`ve tried to find one on several known dealer sites, but, NONE to be found?
No question as to originality Razz
Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
DIon
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/02/2008 11:44 PM
Is this the one from ebay?
Posted By: vesuvio Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/03/2008 12:25 AM
Bill Shea has a Ivory Grip VOOS on his website for over 9K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/03/2008 12:43 AM
Yeah...A VOOS engraved bade...were not talking that but rather just an Old Plain Jane with Ivory grip.I Think this may be the same one....

Attached picture get-attachment.aspx3.jpg
Posted By: patrice Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/03/2008 01:07 AM
An Ivory grip Army with a commom maker marked in an E++ condition, would sell for no more than $ 2000 USD.
This price being from a top dealer but it would be much less from a private seller.
Wink
It is generally accepted that an Ivory grip will usually increase the value of any TR dagger by about $ 1000 USD.
Posted By: Dion Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/03/2008 08:15 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I now have an estimate as to how much to pay. Thanks for that Pat Wink
I didnt think these would top the $2000; mark, but then again, there are`nt that many around to compare with!

Cheers,
Dion
Posted By: wotan Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/03/2008 05:11 PM
There are a lot existing but they aren�t around because they do stay in collections Wink.
I too think a price around 2000USD would be right.
Regards,

Attached picture EICKH_army_ivory_front.jpg
Posted By: Dion Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/04/2008 07:07 PM
WOW!!! What a beaut! Eek Great dagger Wotan!
If you really want a good home for it, other than yours, you know who to contact!!

Dion
Posted By: wotan Re: Ivory gripped army, what is the value?? - 02/06/2008 08:52 AM
Dion, thank you for liking this one. Sorry, I cannot imagine let it go during lifetime...

BTW it has the small stamped sqirrel holding sword trademark.
Regards,
© Your new forums