UBB.threads
Posted By: hans51 Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 06/25/2007 12:33 AM
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago at the JAG Show. It's a great looking dagger. The blade is really nice, lots of crossgrain left.
I like everything about this dagger. It shows some age and wear as yu would expect, not quite mint, but no faults that I can see. Some gilding is left on the pommel.

Attached picture C_J_FrontTrade.jpg
Posted By: hans51 Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 06/25/2007 12:35 AM
Here's the mark on the reverse.

Attached picture C_J_Trade_3.jpg
Posted By: hans51 Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 06/25/2007 12:39 AM
The grip could use a little cleaning. It has just a couple of small dings. The wire is the small wrapped aluminum and it is in perfect shape

Attached picture C_J_Grip_2.jpg
Posted By: hans51 Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 06/25/2007 12:41 AM
I got this one at the same time. An eickhorn with the later rare over the shoulder trademark.

Attached picture Eicktrademarkbest.jpg
Very nice-that grip wire is unique to C&J
Posted By: Eric Hall Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 06/26/2007 12:14 AM
Really cool trademark Phil!

Is C+J any more rare on a Luft dagger, than an Army?

I have a Clemen and Jung Heer with the shield logo only. No Name on the other side of the blade.

Attached picture CJ3.JPG
Congrats I like the Clemen! I have an early one that I have posted before,here it is for comparison. Kevin.

Attached picture IMG00252.JPG
Posted By: hans51 Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 07/09/2007 12:14 AM
Kevin, You really can see the similarites in the grip and the wire. Thanks for the pic.
Eric, I think the Luft is less common than the army. Your army with the shield only is really rare.
Phil
As I recall there are several repos out there that exhibit the shield only in the TM. Clemen & Jung got a bad rap as being fakes for quite sometime. This might apply to the 2nd Luft only, not to sure about the Heer. Nice daggers there guys!
Phil, I have found that another exclusive trait of C&J lufts is the ingraving or hand embelishment of the eagles neck and breast area.I have seen a few late ones without it but most have it.Maybe the ingraver had to go to the front?? Eek Does yours have a similar pattern to my pic? Kevin.

Attached picture IMG00244.JPG
You out there Hans51?? Big Grin Kevin.
Posted By: hans51 Re: Seldom seen 2nd Luft maker Clemen & Jung - 07/22/2007 03:00 PM
Kevin,
Lot's people used to say I was out there, but I quit doing that stuff years ago.
Here's a pic of the crossguard, it doesn't appear to have any extra hand work. This is the only C & J that I have so I don't have anything to compare to.
Phil

Attached picture C_JCross.jpg
© Your new forums