UBB.threads
Posted By: Grip SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 09:39 PM
Boys,I apologise if this is in the wrong place but would appreciate the expertise of the SS collectors,I realise these are faked,what do you think of this.
Regards,Ivan.

Attached picture IMG_0439_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 09:40 PM
TR eagle and 508 stamped on edge.

Attached picture IMG_0440_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 09:41 PM

Attached picture IMG_0441_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 09:42 PM

Attached picture IMG_0442_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 10:21 PM
That looks like a well fed pigeon rather than an eagle. Maybe someone can post a document with a stamp on it for comparison.

Dave
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 10:39 PM
Dave,
Going by the photograph,I agree but in hand it looks different,I tried to get an ink stamp at my local supermarket,but to no availe,I will get one tomorrow and post a photo.
Ivan.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: SS stamp. - 08/13/2007 11:39 PM
while I like the fact that its metal, it doesn't exhibit the kind of wear I would like see. The few real ones that I had (army feldpost) were also made of some grey metal, and the handles were quite different.

I flipped the image for readability, Just being from the "LSSAH" makes it suspect in my mind as well.

Attached picture stamp.jpg
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 01:43 AM
looking at it again, I do like that little nail in the handle though. that is the kind of detail often overlooked by fakers. The little eagle proof is interesting too.
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 09:17 AM
Jerry,
The pinned handle and the eagle proof mark,the wear on the brass,marks etc.lend me to consider this is to be genuine,as you correctly stated the pin and the proof are overlooked by fakers.The Standarte it represents does produce concerns,but should we dismiss its originality because of that@
When held in the hand as if stamping you can see from the differing patina of the wood and more importantly the wood is smooth where fingers have been and roughher further down the handle.
I will attempt to potograph it later,don't know if it will show,but will try.
More opinions would be gratefully appreciated,this could be an important piece if correct.
Regards,Ivan.
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 01:10 PM
Photos hopefully showing some wear to the handle

Attached picture IMG_0444_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 01:11 PM
another

Attached picture IMG_0445_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 01:12 PM
and another

Attached picture IMG_0446_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 01:13 PM
The stamp

Attached picture IMG_0443_(Small).JPG
Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 06:11 PM
Here is my hand stamp. I have had it for over 20 years and I believe they are original. Mine has seen some useage by the residue left on the stamp. These are the only two that I have seen that i believe are real.

Greg

Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 06:12 PM

Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 06:13 PM
This hand stamp is for SS Pz. Abt. 4. I have fliped and reversed the image to get a better look at the stamp.

Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 06:55 PM
Greg,
They are very similar in design,handle and stamp end,pin and overall shape.I been told that the stamp area on mine is bronze and the weight bit is brass,I don't know.
These must be a a rarity,does anyone else have one to post.
Ivan.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 09:35 PM
I like it better now that I see the wear on it. I like both of Gregs' too.

I wish I still had my little feldpost one, it was a bit shorter, all wood (except for the striker plate) but had that stud on the handle too.
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 10:16 PM
Thanks Gregg/Jerry,
That's the way it goes when we let pieces go,then wish we had not,hindsight is a great thing,pity it's always too late!
Thanks for the help boys.
Rehards,Ivan.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 08/14/2007 11:02 PM
I don't want to rain on the parade, but these are from Poland..both of them..they still pump them out, and you can find them at auctions , or in fleamarkets on the continent quite easily..believe it or not, the only one which i thought was real, and was! had a rubber stamp and a lucite square block to affix it to..

The handles may be from real document stampers, but when i see brass, i run.. Eek
Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 08/15/2007 12:48 AM
Mine is not brass but bronze. The weight is substantial which would make sense for a stamp that would be used day in and day out. If they are from Poland they have been pumping them out for over 20 + years. Since i never had any others to compare with mine I felt very good about it, still do.

Greg
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 08/15/2007 04:59 AM
I will have mine checked out again to accertain the metal.What gets me is the markings are so different,why go to such bother,if they are pumping them out,then why don't we see more of them,we certainly don't in UK.
Ivan.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 08/15/2007 08:18 AM
Just my observation from seeing a lot of fakes come my way..brass/bronze..they are bad..and the 'accountability' number with a waffen amt eagle?

don't think so..
Posted By: foxart Re: SS stamp. - 08/16/2007 01:58 PM
Here is a stamp I picked up quite a while back from a WWII vet's attic.
Comments welcomed.

Description: stamp1
Attached picture stmp1.jpg
Posted By: foxart Re: SS stamp. - 08/16/2007 01:59 PM
Little metal tag pinned on handle.

Description: stamp2
Attached picture stmp2.jpg
Posted By: foxart Re: SS stamp. - 08/16/2007 02:03 PM
Impression area. Steel I think. Reads:
Der Beauftragte des Reichsf�hrers-SS in Albanien.

What's a "Beauf(s?)tragte"?

Thanks.

Description: stamp3
Attached picture stmp3.jpg
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 08/16/2007 07:18 PM
..this is a stamp authorized for use by a person working on behalf of the Reichsfuhrer-SS in Albania..by use of that word, it implies they were commissioned to act on behalf of the RFSS, so it could have been used by the police in civil affairs concerning the Reich in areas occupied and administrated by the German military/RMBO and local officials..

Steel is what i like to see in a document stamper....the die struck face gives strong clean lines to the ink image, and does not wear out quick, unlike the brass/bronze stampers from the east..also, no spurious accountability number, i hope?
Posted By: foxart Re: SS stamp. - 08/16/2007 08:06 PM
Whew!
...and thank you for the information.
BTW, no, there are no markings anywhere on this piece other than those shown (the little mfgr. id disk and the face plate).
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS stamp. - 08/31/2007 02:33 AM
I'm with Kursk, these with the waff amt. stamp are bad. There was even a site a couple years ago selling them stamped like this..
A lot of stamps were rubber anyway..Doesn't matter though, as soon as collectors went looking for rubber ones the counterfeiters obliged them.
Heres a load of bogus ones,,metal, rubber etc..

Attached picture STAMPS.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS stamp. - 08/31/2007 02:38 AM
Heres my little collection. All bogus. Available at most East European bazaars and gift shops.
They try and change up the turning on the handles sometimes,,or like the one on the right,,its just the standard bogus one with the handle cut down..

Attached picture MVC-098S.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS stamp. - 08/31/2007 02:42 AM
I just got back from the antique show in Kiev last week. I had told a member these stamps are all over there and he wanted a photo of them if they are all over. There had to be 50 at the show,,here's the largest group..
* sorry,bad photo, the womans husband kept shooing me away Razz...Same stamps, all bogus..

Attached picture DSCN0055.JPG
Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 09/03/2007 06:29 PM
Very nice display of stamps from these shows and by looking at the staming area i would say they do look lacking in detail etc. But, none of these stams look like either of the ones Ivan and I have posted. I would like to know when these stamps started to show up at the shows.

Greg
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 09/03/2007 10:36 PM
Greg,
I noticed Gaspares'thread on his recent visit to relatives and saw the stamps as posted here,not as you say the same as ours,but the same as a trio that was up for sale on this site,posted unwittingly by the owner as genuine and promptly removed by him when it was pointed out that they were copies,I feel for him,obviously sold up the river.
I am still happy with ours.
Ivan.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 09/05/2007 04:43 AM
Guys, if you are happy with yours..that's great, enjoy..

But i will leave you with a thought..

Considering that a waffen amt is an Wehrmacht authorized symbol to control the quality of weaponry, what do you suppose it would be doing on a document stamper?

I suppose, if thrown, it could kill someone, but stamped with weaponry control marks?

..and why always SS related? How come you almost never see them with the more common customs or civil markings for example?

It strains credulity..and guys, they are all over the auctions here in Canada as well..

No matter how hard you wish these to be real, they unfortunately, in my opinion, are not.
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 09/05/2007 08:42 AM
Kursk,
In a free and democratic society,that is the what you are entitled to my friend,an opinion.Thanks for the input.
Regards,Ivan.
Posted By: Seiler Re: SS stamp. - 09/05/2007 12:42 PM
Big Grin
Seiler..(Y in UK)
Posted By: Greg Domian1 Re: SS stamp. - 09/05/2007 02:39 PM
I am not wishing they were real , I just want to know when they started showing up on the market. I have had mine for a very long time. I do not remember ever seeing any others at shows or what have you. If they are fake, fine, I just need more substantial proof. And photos of stmaps that do not look like ours is not enough proof. The wafenampt stamp? hell if I know why it is there. I do know that the Germans marked a lot of things during their time that I would not think needed a control number or item number, what ever it is supposed to be.

I won't be disapointed if this tunrs out to be not original as it makes for a nice display anyway. I just haven't seen any solid proof that these are not period. And comparing these to the group shots of the other stamps is like comparing apples to oranges.

Greg
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 09/05/2007 09:27 PM
Grip..Free democratic society?

You're in England right? Smile

I understand if you like your item.I won't push my utterly convinced opinion on you!

I just see way too many fakes in my business..just like yours, just like Gregs, to be convinced the other way, that they are real..
Posted By: Seiler Re: SS stamp. - 09/07/2007 09:20 AM
You like "Brit Bashing" dont you Kursk?
Seiler (Yank in UK) Roll Eyes
Posted By: Grip Re: SS stamp. - 09/07/2007 10:12 PM
Kursk,
Yes,England,that is correct,does that really have any bearing on wether the stamp is right or wrong,I think not.If you have an issue with our little Island then that is up to you,I wish no political overtones in this discussion.I respect your opinion and have taken your views on board.I have seen one other thread on this site go to wreck and ruin,everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should all respect that or else what is the use of free speech.We will not change your view,you have your thoughts on the matter,I follow the Canes,you probably the Leafs,that's life buddy.
Respects,Ivan
Posted By: Dave Re: SS stamp. - 09/07/2007 10:17 PM
Any more off topics pokes at someone else will earn time in the penalty box.

Dave
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: SS stamp. - 09/08/2007 02:10 AM
HAPPY TIME Smile

Ivan & Greg are happy & very pleased with their SS Stampers - for their reasons given.

Since neither SS Stamper is coming on the Sale market in the foreseeable future, then I personally feel that it's a Collector's "Call" and choice on this matter.

We Collect what we enjoy - for those reasons which bring us pleasure.

There is always room for divergent opinions, amongst equally well seasoned Collectors - and I feel that we've heard them all. What's left is to hand on to our own opinions ...for our own reason and bases.

I think that we've about beat this thread for all that's needed ...and should move on. Dave/dblmed Smile
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS stamp. - 09/08/2007 02:29 AM
I have to ask..where do either of you guys see any anti-Brit bias in this post, or others?

I suggest you are seeing something where nothing exists..

I mostly tend to play nice..so??
Posted By: trajan Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 01:31 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone any further or new information to add to this topic.

I've seen the cheap looking fakes. The quality of the amt marked ones seems better. Has anyone any further information on their validity??

This one was just purchased from a vet's estate along with several other pieces which were correct.

[IMG]100_3313[/IMG]

It says SS Zollamt (customs)

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: JoeW Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 02:20 AM
While the SS-Gestapo did control the Grenzpolizei to control border access, a customs office (Zollamt) remained under the control of the RFV/Ministry of Finance. Unless someone can provide historical evidence to the contrary, this text of this stamp is bogus, its "vet" provenance notwithstanding.
Posted By: trajan Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 03:19 AM
Thanks for the great reply!

I've encountered bad items in estates before---you never know what was added later.

Matt
Posted By: Mazz Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 01:19 PM
Here are a couple of pics of a real rubber stamp, hard to make out the writing, this one is well used. I also don't think the SS stamps pictured are original either, for what that's worth.

Attached picture P1017488.JPG
Posted By: Mazz Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 01:20 PM

Attached picture P1017489.JPG
Posted By: Mazz Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 01:20 PM
last

Attached picture P1017490.JPG
Posted By: JoeW Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 03:24 PM
Here is a stamp I picked up off of Ebay some years ago in the sweet days. It is for wax impressions.

Attached picture wax_stamp1.jpg
Posted By: JoeW Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 03:25 PM
Here is the resultant wax impression.

Attached picture wax_stamp_2.jpg
Posted By: Mann Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 05:26 PM
My TR rubber stamp head,(MIRRORED) no handle, "un-used", For ink.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...25/inlineimg/Y/2.jpg
Posted By: [email protected] Re: SS stamp. - 04/06/2009 06:25 PM
The most recently posted stamps appear to be period and authentic....the ones that were posted at the beginning of this thread appear to be commonly seen reproductions available from the former Eastern block by the trainload...if you guys like these I have 100s of spools of SS thread with RZM tags upon them Big Grin I saw nothing derogatory in Kursk's post about the UK and suposition that there was is absolutely absurd..I know him personally and enough said ....also my heritage is English as I assume his is as well....thicker skins required guys..cheers
Posted By: John T Re: SS stamp. - 04/09/2009 01:17 PM
These should not have any silly eagle proofs on the metal.

You can get as many fakes you want on epier or gunbroker with aged wood etc ...they come out of Europe.

I have had a number of vet bought ones and about 2 in this thread look okay.

J
© Your new forums