UBB.threads
Posted By: Einsatzleiter what is this rune tab? - 03/21/2006 07:42 PM
OK, i've seen this tab in a few pictures, and then i saw it in the attached picture, it appears to be a pair of runes followed by a lower case "N". Anyone know what it is?

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/832009...neimg/Y/Dsc00187.jpg
Posted By: HOOPER 2 Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/21/2006 08:35 PM
Isn't this a first pattern Allgemeine Officer's SS-Sturmbann "n" [ signal's regiment?] tab.
Posted By: derek chapman Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/22/2006 01:23 AM
It's the collar patch for the SS-VT unit SS Sturmbann "N". The "N" stood for Nuremburg although it never got to be stationed there.
Derek
Posted By: Einsatzleiter Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/22/2006 03:08 AM
was sturmbann n in anyway associated with LSSAH?
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/22/2006 12:42 PM
Her is one N tab on a period photo.
I alway search for "N" collar tbas and "N" photos for my collection.

Attached picture 1n.jpg
Posted By: derek chapman Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/22/2006 01:34 PM
"was sturmbann n in anyway associated with LSSAH?"
Yes, in the sense that officers and nco's for the unit were provided from the LSSAH when "N" was established.
Derek
Posted By: inimicus Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 09:56 PM
Robert - excellent foto. Is he in one of the very, very rare "Litewka" tunics - like O'G'fuhrer Pohl sometimes wore?
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 10:09 PM
The picture above is one early VT tunic, my posted picture is cutted otherwise you will see one breast pocket button and the upper front button.

I am always interested in "N" photos and "N" cloth items !

"N" colored potrait

Attached picture Nbg_001.jpg
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 10:10 PM
"N" early VT as we like it (early pointed shoulderboards)

Attached picture Nbg_002.jpg
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 10:10 PM
"N" musicans in a boot

Attached picture Nbg_003.jpg
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 10:11 PM
"N" field rest, Darryl will like it (see also the early sidecap eagle version and the plane cufftitles)

Attached picture Nbg_004.jpg
Posted By: derek chapman Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 10:44 PM
Thank you Robert,
Those are terrific SS "N" pictures. The last one is of interest to insignia lovers because, as you say, it shows the blank cufftitle worn the batallion. Great early images, are any of them dated?
Derek
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/23/2006 11:11 PM
The one potrait with the sidecap and the pointed boards is dated with February 1940.
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/24/2006 12:59 AM
Outstanding pictures Robert...smile...do you recognize anybody from N�rnberg? How long did this sturm exist? and what happened to them? by that I mean what larger unit were they incorporated into?

Prima bilder Robert...bist doch a Peterlesbou.
servus...Roland.
Posted By: Robert H. Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/24/2006 03:00 AM
Here one wonderful link from one of the best quality websides, the Axis History Factbook:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=2192
Posted By: inimicus Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/26/2006 05:23 PM
Note in the super group picture with helmets slung on belts - the sloppy decal placement.

Another example of how the "fanatically precise" SS, wasn't even in peacetime Germany. This joins slanting W-SS arm eagles, Army Pz. lapel skulls and Political leaders cap eagles on W-SS peaked caps and other "offenses."

I wonder how many "wrong" or ****-eyed pieces have been restored to become "textbook examples?"
Posted By: darryl Re: what is this rune tab? - 03/26/2006 05:51 PM
Robert,

Yes I do like that picture...very much. Thanks for posting it for all to see. It has been kind of slow on this forum recently. Perhaps I will start a thread asking everyone to post their black SS helmets images in the Helmet Forum.

inimicus,

Actually, those SS decal placements are quite good. I don't see too much sloppiness about them. Here is a sloppy placement...note how low on the helmet this runes decal is.

Cheers,

Attached picture aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Posted By: inimicus Re: what is this rune tab? - 04/03/2006 08:43 PM
darryl - Yikes; I see what you mean ~ Obviously a rush job by a begginer fake-out artist who didn't learn where they're supposed to be!
© Your new forums