UBB.threads
Posted By: rev.stone help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 12:52 PM
Hallo gentlemen, I recently purchased this SA jacket.
the item is an original RZM one and I have no kind of doubt on it. My problem is with the collar tabs, which are hand sewn on it.
they are dark green with white piping.
the tabs seems to be original late production, but I really don't think that they are correct on this kind of jacket.
in fact the jacket has golden buttons and no shoulder board/s trace on it...
the white piping should stand for silver buttons, isn't?
I believe these tabs an add-up of the last owner. do you confirm it before I cut them off?
I add you some pics, thanks in advance

Attached picture sa.jpg
Posted By: rev.stone Re: help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 12:53 PM
right

Attached picture sa1.jpg
Posted By: rev.stone Re: help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 12:54 PM
left

Attached picture sa2.jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 03:00 PM
in my opinion i would remove the tabs,,,they look ugly,,, Eek
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 06:39 PM
THE COLLAR TABS APPEAR TO BE REPRODUCTION. TABS FOR A STURMFUHRER SHOULD BE TRIMMED IN SILVER, NOT WHITE AS WORN BY OTHER RANKS.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: help on SA jacket - 05/14/2009 06:44 PM
They also appear to be oversized to me.
Ron Weinand
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: help on SA jacket - 05/15/2009 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Weinand:
They also appear to be oversized to me.
Ron Weinand

I AGREE. THE TAB COLOR ALSO DOES NOT MATCH ANY KNOWN SA GRUPPE COLOR. THE TABS ARE JUNK.
Posted By: rev.stone Re: help on SA jacket - 05/15/2009 06:02 AM
thank you very much for your opinions. I will remove them off.
regards, fabio
Posted By: Josias Re: help on SA jacket - 05/18/2009 06:08 PM
These guys are probably correct about the tabs. Is that the true color, or the internet color? I think they're fake too, but post clear, closeup pics of the backs of the tabs to confirm our suspicions. Either way, the rank is incorrect. Tabs with either white or yellow rayon piping ARE correct for the era with no collar piping, but all SA shirts from this same era had silver buttons. It would also need a single, enlisted man's shoulder board on the right shoulder. Board should be brown with aluminum colored strands, with a grey wool underlay. Any questions on how to make your shirt correct, just post the questions, or e-mail me at: [email protected]
Posted By: rev.stone Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 02:28 PM
I removed the tabs, here are two pics.
anyway the green is not correct as you see on monitor...it's somewhat yellowish and brighter.

Attached picture azzo1.jpg
Posted By: rev.stone Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 02:31 PM
backside.
funny, if these tabs are fake they really looks original wartime in construction and materials.
(the dirt is stiff glue...I guess a silly idea of the old owner...I put the shirt on sale on ebay for this- without tabs of course)

Attached picture azzo2.jpg
Posted By: Mann Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 02:47 PM
I have my bid in!
Cheers Fab.
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 03:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rev.stone:
backside.
funny, if these tabs are fake they really looks original wartime in construction and materials.
(the dirt is stiff glue...I guess a silly idea of the old owner...I put the shirt on sale on ebay for this- without tabs of course)

THE TABS ARE TOO ELONGATED TO BE SA TABS. THE WHITE PIPING ALSO LOOKS AS THOUGH IT WOULD GLOW UNDER BLACK LIGHT. LIKELY, THEY ARE COLLAR TABS FOR AN UNKNOWN POST WAR ORGANIZATION AND NOT NECESSARILY GERMAN.
Posted By: Josias Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 05:05 PM
The backing material doesn't look too bad, but I still have to agree that the tabs are bad. I've enclosed pics of what the enlisted piping should look like.

Attached picture Copy_of_MVC-357F.JPG
Posted By: Josias Re: help on SA jacket - 05/21/2009 05:06 PM
Another..

Attached picture Copy_of_MVC-351F.JPG
© Your new forums