UBB.threads
Posted By: ETF SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/17/2012 09:03 PM
Can I get opinions on whether this armband is original and authentic or a reproduction? Thanks in advance.
Ed

Attached picture IMG_6064_edited-2.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6065_edited-2.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6067_edited-2.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6063_edited-2.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6070_edited-2.jpg
Posted By: Grumpy Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/18/2012 01:10 AM
The basics are correct, but the tags don't look good. The tag with 61/35 has been widely reproduced, as has the larger tag. 61/35 was an actual maker, but, unfortunately, it was chosen by the fakers to reproduce. I'm no expert on these, but the tags are suspicious.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/18/2012 01:17 AM
Check the Reddick Militaria website. He has these tags for sale. Still, you need a knowledgeable opinion as to authenticity.
Posted By: militarymania Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/18/2012 01:40 AM
I vote no due to the above comments on the tags..I also dont like the white circular field and the black border striping.
Posted By: ETF Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/18/2012 05:51 PM
Gentlemen...thank you for the feedback. It is appreciated. Militarymania, can you tell me what the circular white field and black border striping should look like verses what they are? I want to better understand what to look for in these SS armbands going forward.

I checked the Reddick Militaria website and saw the tags he had for sale. Thanks for the information.

Ed
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/19/2012 01:25 AM
The tags are bad. frown
Would love to see both sides blacklited. This is an excellent repro.
Look at the edges of the circle as compared to an original and it's absolutely clear.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/19/2012 05:56 AM
a few improvements,,leave the tags off, some good ageing,,and it would fool most!
Posted By: ETF Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/19/2012 11:18 AM
Thank you Paul and Gaspare for the feedback.

Paul..I'm in London at the moment so I don't have access to the armband or my camera equipment. But if I get a chance...much later ....I will take some additional photos of it "backlited" and re-post the photos. By backlited do you mean a light behind the armband when photographing or a light shining directly on it from the front?

Thanks,
Ed
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: SS Wool Armband - Opinions Please - 06/30/2013 11:54 PM
Looks too modern....
© Your new forums