UBB.threads
Hi,

According to Fisher�s Quick Reference the maker AESCULAP from Tuttlingen, Germany has only made R�hm SA daggers with the SA Group Mark "Wm" (Westmark), but not with "Sw" (S�dwest).

I have been offered a fully ground R�hm from Aesculap for $750, but on the crossguard one can see "Sw".

Does anybody know if Aesculap made R�hm SA daggers also with "Sw" group mark or is this dagger not a one piece dagger?

Is $750 a reasonable price for this item?

Thanks for your help!

Attached picture 2917607.jpg
Here�s a picture of the crossguard with the makers mark

Attached picture DSC00001.JPG
With all that pitting around the trademark it dosen't sound like a deal to me. I'm hate to think what the rest of the blade looks like. There has got to be a better example of a fully ground SA out there for that kind of money.

Gailen David
Thanks for your quick reply, Gailen David.

The blade doesn�t look that bad. It seems to be only pitting around the trademark.

What about the group marking "Sw"? According to the literature it should be "Wm".

Ingo

Attached picture DSC00002.JPG
I don't know about the Rohm daggers but Sw is the most common gau mark found on non-Rohm Aesculaps
Who knows? If the dagger fits togeather right and appears not to be fooled with the distributor mark wouldn't bother me. I still don't like the condition for the money.

Gailen David
Mine has an SW Wink
This is yet another example of becoming overly technical when it comes to these daggers. There were 100,000 of these daggers presented to the SA. Who knows what went on for sure?

Gailen David
hi mine is sw as well
dippy
© Your new forums