UBB.threads
Posted By: max baer SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 04/24/2021 10:52 PM
I am sorry I have no picture, full Rohm copper scabbard and eagle. Does anyone know of such a rare dagger? Did early SA daggers have copper scabbards? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Max
Posted By: den70 Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 04/25/2021 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by max baer
I am sorry I have no picture, full Rohm copper scabbard and eagle. Does anyone know of such a rare dagger? Did early SA daggers have copper scabbards? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Max

It's hard to talk about something without a photo. Different materials were used in different periods. Copper including. But the material cannot be a factor that confirms originality. If all is well with the item, it only gives you confidence that it is a prefabricated item.
Posted By: max baer Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 04/25/2021 08:52 PM
Hi Den70,

Granted, I understand. Were any SA Daggers with copper scabbards, with full Rohm , ever made, and illustrated in any Dagger books. Thank you.

Max
Posted By: Dave Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 04/25/2021 09:48 PM
Max,

No, there are no dagger books that illustrate these, but they do exist and there are also faked.

Check your email.

Dave
Posted By: max baer Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 04/25/2021 11:30 PM
Thank you.

Max
Posted By: max baer Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 02/20/2023 08:12 PM
I don't recall if we had any contact via email? I had one back in 1974 and it was 100% and know more about others.
email me, [email protected]. Max
Posted By: Texasuberalles Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 02/20/2023 11:26 PM
If all is well with the item, it only gives you confidence that it is a prefabricated item.

Sorry, but this makes no sense at all. Following this line of logic there could NEVER be a genuine item.

Attached picture Dagger deal - Luftwaffe.jpg
Attached picture Dagger deal - Heer.jpg
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/21/2023 12:44 PM
So yes, there were copper based scabbards used on SA Christmas daggers and prototypes. I will attempt to attach some images. The fakes are pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for. I think that these were also spoken to in Billy's excellent reference. The First of the Best. The First of the Best
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/21/2023 05:12 PM
[Linked Image from lakesidetrader.com]
[Linked Image from lakesidetrader.com]
Posted By: Dave Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/21/2023 06:53 PM
Thanks, Paul,

I always thought that the copper scabbards were tried as a cost saving option by Eickhorn. The copper was supposed to tone to a mid brown color as you can see above. The would have avoided the rust-browning (which we call anodizing) and spraying the result with a lacquer coating. The color part worked, but the copper proved much too soft. EP&S did not experiment with the material of the scabbard body.

Dave
Posted By: [email protected] Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/21/2023 10:50 PM
Outstanding dagger Paul, thanks for posting and for clarifying regards, Ryan
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/22/2023 11:56 AM
Agree Dave they are too soft for normal wear.
Posted By: ed773 Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/22/2023 12:19 PM
On the bright side, easier to repair.
Ed
SUPER dagger, Paul!

Thanks for showing!

The scabbard on mine did not suffer too much... just one ding on the reverse.

Herman

Attached picture 12.JPG
Attached picture 14.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: SA ROHM COPPER SCABBARD & EAGLE? - 03/31/2023 06:11 PM
Yes, Thanks, Paul.

Dave
© Your new forums