UBB.threads
Posted By: ou812 Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 11:09 AM
All I can say is that it is the nicest SS dagger I've ever seen.

Crossgrain, burnishing, handle, hanger in perfect condition.

More pictures can be sent by mail.

Price 5200 Euro + the usual cost.

[email protected]

Attached picture Balladen.JPG
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 11:09 AM

Attached picture Motto2.JPG
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 11:10 AM

Attached picture Hersteller.JPG
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 11:11 AM

Attached picture Handle.JPG
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 11:12 AM

Attached picture DRGM.JPG
Posted By: Skyline Drive Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 08:27 PM
The scabbard fittings look to be plated... or is it the photos?
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 08:59 PM
Here's a couple of pics 4U.

I can take some more pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/04/2009 08:59 PM
The white part is from a sticker - thus it can be removed...

Attached picture 3.JPG
Posted By: Skyline Drive Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 02:41 AM
So you are confirming that the scabbard fittings are plated?
Posted By: JONATHAN Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 08:13 AM
A clearer photo of the reverse of the grip would be helpful too, it may be the photo angle but there appear to be a number of indentations ?
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 08:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline Drive:
So you are confirming that the scabbard fittings are plated?

Yes.
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 08:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JONATHAN:
A clearer photo of the reverse of the grip would be helpful too, it may be the photo angle but there appear to be a number of indentations ?

Here u go Smile

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: zorro Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 12:23 PM
Whats with knowledgable collectors leaving out important information on items they are selling lately(Plated scabbard fittings on an early dagger)?. Recently I have bought items missing pieces,repaired,parts that have not been mentioned in the discription or coverderd up with the cameras angle.Please discribe items completely.I am getting close to quit buying anything on the web JMO
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 12:40 PM
Excuse me - but there's nothing wrong with a later version scabbard for an early dagger.

I believe the most essential thing is that the dagger and scabbard is in a unique condition.

Jesper
Posted By: zorro Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 12:45 PM
I disagree with that,but thats how it's getting to be. Anything go's in this hobby.
Posted By: JONATHAN Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 12:59 PM
At the risk of getting into trouble (again..), I would second zorro's comments - I would not want to buy an early maker marked ss '33 with nickel silver fitings if it has been married to a scabbard with plated fittings
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 01:00 PM
In that case it's also wrong that for instance R�hm daggers were shuffed into a scabbard for a chained dagger.

Wittmann however has stated that there's nothing wrong with this.

It's my opinion that nothings perfect - especially not after some 75 odd years.

But I do respect the individual preferences.
Posted By: zorro Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 01:10 PM
All I am saying is I want to know about it before I buy it,not after it arrives.
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 01:23 PM
Respected !!!
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 02:10 PM
Hey Jesper, gorgeous blade on this Boker. I agree, I'd rather have matching fittings, as that is the most common desirable combination.

I did have a question on the hanger leather. The texture on the rough and smooth side looks like the current reproduction leather, as does the impressed accent lines. The rivet looks very new. Did you say this was discussed on another thread? Just trying to learn here. Maybe more hanger pictures would help.
Thanks! John
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 02:44 PM
Hi John

I bought the hanger by a dealer in Germany and actually figured that it was a "free" part of a deal.

If people don't like it they can buy the dagger without the hanger.

Regarding the matching fittings I - as written - respect collectors choices.

The dagger itself is gorgeous, though Wink

Jesper

Attached picture 7.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 03:43 PM
Mr. Hjorth - ou812,

Sorry to tell you this, but in my opinion you are not correct in saying "....there's nothing wrong with a later version scabbard for an early dagger", IF you are referring to an early maker-marked M1933 SS dagger in a later RZM-era M1933 scabbard with plated fittings.

What you have offered for sale is not correct combination despite the components being in very good shape. I would not recommend it to anyone except for parts.

Dave

PS - The combination of an an early M1933 Rohm or otherwise) in an M1936 chained scabbard IS correct and accepted. THe reason is that when the M1936 dagger was introduced in 1936 for officer an long-serving enlisted men, some chose to keep their original dagger but use a new scabbard.
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 04:08 PM
There probably are some collectors on GDC who have what is accepted as the right scabbard for this piece of worthless trash.

In other words I'm open for offers - send me a mail: [email protected]
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 05:36 PM
Although I agree with the opinions stated in regards to the mismatched scabbard and the questionable hanger I feel that comments that the dagger has worth only in parts are, well.....this is a beautiful dagger in so far as condition is concerned and a highly desireable maker. The asking price is certainly high given the mismatched parts but it most definately still has a significant value and as the seller aptly states would appeal definately to a collector that has an appropriate scabbard..I would not be surprised at any stage to see such a dagger offerred by any of the big name dagger dealers..the only difference is that the scabbard would in all likelihood be swapped before it appeared on the inventory so as to attract maximum potential..cheers to all, Ryan
Posted By: Dave Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 10:08 PM
Ryan,

It's a parts dagger being sold for almost $7000.

Nice parts, but still a parts dagger and in my opinion, overpriced.

You buy it if you want, but my advice to new or intermediate collectors is to avoid this dagger.

Dave
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 10:15 PM
Go ahead and trash this thread, Mr. Hohaus.
Posted By: 777 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 11:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
I would not be surprised at any stage to see such a dagger offerred by any of the big name dagger dealers..the only difference is that the scabbard would in all likelihood be swapped before it appeared on the inventory so as to attract maximum potential.

EXACTLY.
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/05/2009 11:54 PM
Am I missing something here? It is a correct M33 second pattern Boker SS dagger with a later plated/painted scabbard..yes non matching and not "textbook"...in the day we referred to these as mismatched pieces as opposed to parts daggers...The term parts dagger was referred to a piece that had mismatched components such as non matching upper and lower fittings that did not match in metal tone or did not obviously match the fit to the handle...this term parts dagger was most commonly used to describe Heer and Luft daggers that were post war assembled from non matching parts..again what I see here is a perfectly fine SS dagger with a killer blade that has a mis matched scabbard...it might be a matter of semantics but again I think it unfair to hijack a premium members "For sale" ad because of words or "opinions" this dagger though not worth $7000 is definately a decent buy for $3000 to $3500 to someone who does not want to spend $5000++ on one with an anondized scabbard with nickle silver fittings..sorry just my opinion but if this keeps up no one is going to want to support this site...it, like other threads could have been handled more appropriately Wink cheers to all, Ryan
Posted By: militarymania Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/06/2009 01:03 AM
its a mismatched parts dagger,,now is everyone satisfied??? Wink
Posted By: ou812 Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/06/2009 08:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]: I think it unfair to hijack a premium members "For sale" ad because of words or "opinions" this dagger though not worth $7000 is definately a decent buy for $3000 to $3500 to someone who does not want to spend $5000++ on one with an anondized scabbard with nickle silver fittings..

Thanks Ryan !!!

And I think everyone has noted your statement by now, Mr. Hohaus.

Could you please delete this thread ???
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/06/2009 06:10 PM
Scabbard issues aside what a lovely dagger!

Blade is a belter Smile
Posted By: Dave Re: Mint B�ker SS - 05/13/2009 09:38 PM
By request, Here is Ou812's boker with mixed vintage parts.

Dave
© Your new forums