UBB.threads
Posted By: MJG Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/18/2010 06:38 AM
Good evening gentleman,
I'm new here and am trying to identify this dagger.
I inherited it from a dear friend that was in the war as a paratrooper and said he actually took this off of a Nazi officer.
Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.
So far,I've come up with the possibility of an SS Honour Dagger with a Damascus blade and made by P.D. Luneschloss from the makers mark on the blade.
Thanks,
Mickey

Attached picture P1010038 (Small).JPG
Attached picture P1010039 (Small).JPG
Attached picture P1010041 (Small).JPG
Attached picture P1010044 (Small).JPG
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/18/2010 06:54 AM
It is a postwar reproduction of an SS honor dagger. These appear here for identification or authentication from time to time. It is undoubtedly a fake.
Posted By: Seiler Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/18/2010 09:25 PM
Sorry but as Grumps says,a Repro.
Seiler (Yank in UK)
Posted By: MJG Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/19/2010 04:47 AM
Well,thanks for the info gentlemen.If nothing else,I still have something different and unique to remember my old buddy by.
However,now that that is established,is it a decent fake,is it really a Damascus blade? Is the makers mark fake as well? Any information would be appreciated.
Again,thank you for your assistance.
Mickey
Posted By: zorro Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/19/2010 05:06 AM
When it rains it pours.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/19/2010 05:11 AM
It is a decent fake. The damascus is not true damascus, but an acid-etched pattern to simulate genuine damascus. There is a maker with the trademark, but they did not make honor daggers. Only Eickhorn produced them. They did not come with the Himmler inscription on the reverse of the blade. It is a quality curio that, on a good day could fetch a hundred dollars or more, but not much more.
Posted By: Larry C Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/19/2010 02:02 PM
Cross guards and grip fit are horrible
Posted By: rieny Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/19/2010 06:05 PM
Every word is too much for a dagger like this.....
Posted By: Schellenberg Re: Trying to identify this SS dagger - 08/29/2011 02:37 AM
There are quite a few instances of "private purchase" daggers; produced by P.D. Luneschloss. I recommend paying good money for a sound reference guide (Wittmann for instance) which will save you a great deal of grief down the road.
© Your new forums