UBB.threads
Posted By: Gary8 Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 11:41 AM
Well here we are again this time with a nice summer peaked cap from the same show. This one cost me an MG34 but I was happy to get it for that.

What we have here is a very nice Feuerloshpolizei summer peaked cap. White removable top, black centre band, crimson piping and police green material on the base of the cap. White silk interior with a full makers mark. I certainly hope that you enjoy this as much as I do.

Attached picture Feuerloshpolizei_Summer_Peaked_Cap_Front.JPG
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 11:42 AM
Side

Attached picture Feuerloshpolizei_Summer_Peaked_Cap_Left_Side.JPG
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 11:43 AM
Inside

Attached picture Feuerloshpolizei_Summer_Peaked_Cap_Inside.JPG
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 11:44 AM
Celulliod

Attached picture Feuerloshpolizei_Summer_Peaked_Cap_Maker.JPG
Posted By: germanpolice Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 01:37 PM
Hi Gary,
You sure know how to find them !! Fantastic cap for an officer in the Feuerschutzpolizei

This cap was introduced in an order from May 1939 and conforms to the regulations in every aspect.

congrats
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/22/2006 07:22 PM
Just looking at the images is enough to see what a fine example it is, must be grand to be able to fondle it! Very nice, certainly worth the MG34!

What does the inserted paper tag read? I'm only able to clearly see the 56.5.
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/23/2006 01:40 PM
Hi Ernst once again thank you.

Dave the piece of paper reads on one side Wollensack ZS with an umlaut over the o and on the side you can see reads Kramer ZS with an umlaut.

Yes, it is very nice to fondle, it does have a couple of problems but nothing much to detract. The celluloid has a couple of splits but it is all there and still together, there is a little tear at the back on the sweatband where it joined together, looks as though it was stuck together when made, and the white top could do with a good clean, but I think I will just leave it alone.
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/23/2006 04:04 PM
Nothing like good honest wear! I've also wondered if the white portions off visors/tunics could be cleaned/brightened although I'm far more afraid of something worse happening and given the rarity, the consequences could be dire.
Posted By: JoeW Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/24/2006 04:43 PM
You have a very handsome hat there Gary. Is the white top a solid cotton cloth or does it have a waffle pattern to it? I love the black, crimson and white contrasting colors.
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/24/2006 06:57 PM
Hello Joe Thank you

The cap has a solid cotton cloth, I would have prefered the waffle I guess we cant have everything.
Posted By: Rob Sutton Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/25/2006 06:29 AM
Very attractive cap I have never seen one before ,its always nice to see something new .Rob.
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/25/2006 12:23 PM
I wonder how many of these have become the "Very rare Waffen SS panzer summer Schirmmutze" over the years.

Honestly Gary, what can I say. A one of a kind piece to add to your list of one of a kind pieces!

Regards,
Bill Unland
Posted By: hanswurst Re: Fire Police Summer cap - 07/27/2006 12:16 AM
Gary,
As everyone said , nice cap...congrads.............
© Your new forums