Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi All,
Just thought I would post up some pics of my Kriegsmarine dagger that I have owned for some time now to see what you folks think eg: possible maker, period, condition etc. I purchased the gold portepee later and added it to the dagger it was a total swine to tie on but I think I got it right. It has a plain blade and a ADOLF BRAUN BERLIN distributors mark. The grip is celluloid over wood.
The picture without knot on green background is taken from WW2 German Daggers.com website the rest are all taken by myself.
Cheers, Andy. [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][img]https://s17.postimg.org/yyrn5knzj/2005-01-22_07.41.38.jpg[/img][/img]

Last edited by AndyBurton; 11/29/2017 02:11 AM.
OP Offline
A few more of scabbard details etc. Again pics without knot on green background are taken from WW2 German Daggers.com

[img:right][/img] [img:right][/img]
[img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]

Hello Andy.
Sorry, but that's a part dagger. Adolf Braun was the distributor of Alcoso. Your dagger has a replacement eagle and the scabbard of WKC. The grip and the crossguard are also no parts of Alcoso. I assume that the blade was added later.
Hier you can see a textbook dagger by Adolf Braun

https://www.kriegsmarinedolch.de/braun-adolf-distributor/

Best,
Oleg.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down his life for his friends.

John, 15:13

www.kriegsmarinedolch.de
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Oleg67
Hello Andy.
Sorry, but that's a part dagger. Adolf Braun was the distributor of Alcoso. Your dagger has a replacement eagle and the scabbard of WKC. The grip and the crossguard are also no parts of Alcoso. I assume that the blade was added later.
Hier you can see a textbook dagger by Adolf Braun

https://www.kriegsmarinedolch.de/braun-adolf-distributor/

Best,
Oleg.

Hi Oleg,
Thanks for your reply, you have made things a lot clearer for me as I didn't think the scabbard was right considering the dagger was described as being most likely Eickhorn produced and all the Eickhorn scabbards I've seen since were different to this one and WKC did seem the most likely to me. The pommel eagle does look like an Eickhorn but maybe it is just similar? I didn't know about the Alcoso/Adolf Braun link so I have learnt something else had I known this back when I made this purchase I would not have gone for it but you live and learn which is why I joined this community. I have since seen quite a few non Alcoso navy daggers with plain blades and Adolf Braun markings are these in your opinion also wrong not questioning your knowledge just curious what you think?
This dagger wasn't particularly expensive so not too much of a disappointment to me, I still like the look of the dagger it displays nicely and I will keep it for what it is a parts dagger and a reminder to be more vigilant and seek good advice before buying. The knot wasn't cheap but I will put it on a more worthy contender when I get one.
Thank you very much for your input and your knowledge.
Regards, Andy.

Hi Andy,
my pleasure. Thank you for your kind words. The eagle is the replacement eagle and is only similar to Eickhorn. These eagles were used for adoption of the Reichsmarine daggers with a ball pommels in the year 1938.
The correct daggers by Adolf Braun have always a plain blades, orange or dark yellow trollon grips and consist of the Alcoso parts.
Best,
Oleg.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down his life for his friends.

John, 15:13

www.kriegsmarinedolch.de
OP Offline
Hi,
Nice to be back here again finally, I was just thinking that as it is certain now that this dagger is a parts dagger does it still have a value I don't expect anyone to give figures but a rough percentage against a good one will do for instance is it worth half the value or whatever? I would appreciate any opinions because if I try to sell it while stating clearly and fairly that it is a parts dagger I would like to know what to aim for or is it just not worth it?
Regards, Andy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,778 SS Bayonets
1,762,156 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,115 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,034
Members7,518
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (chevalier2022, Documentalist, Don Scowen, Stephen, Dete, jean), 628 guests, and 141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod