Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chief Offline OP
OP Offline
As I recall, there was a show in Union, NJ several times each year.
Is there one coming up soon?
Thanks,
Chief

"Gott Zur Ehr Dem N�chsten Zur Wehr"
M
M
hi chief
the union show is no more caput no body seems to know what happned but its possible it went down the tubes with being politicaly correct in new jersey . just happned here in florida yesterday at a flea market i go to they made a dealer take off his table a german ww2 dagger and a helmet owner of fleas said it might offend some one i could say more but i just bit my tongue ouch god bless andy militarynut

M
M
Make a trip out to Western pa or eastern Ohio chief for one of the shows like max or the Akron show trust me the members here like Andy know the reichsadler and the hakenkreuz get treated like the legit pieces of history they actually are not political symbols like some would try to have people believe

G
G
yes the Meadowlands show , or 'Union show' for us old timers there is no more! Andy and I had it confirmed at the MAX..
Man!!, Andy and I both got lucky there many times over the years! It was a great little show. frown

We don't know if it was because of political correctness ********,,or because of mishandling administratively. Shows aren't just rent a space for the day,,there is a lot of work involved and it could be the new people running it just either weren't up to the task,,or, just were not in to it anymore.. Result,,PA, NJ, NY, Conn collectors have one less good show to go to..

* We did good there Andy right! wink rings, insig, gold party badges, paper, Japanese, German, US,, all sorts of booty we got out of there over the years. AND,,I do miss the White Castles!! grin

We were going less and less so I guess its partly all of our parts...
* BUT, start again,,get the mailings out and I'd go again!

Last edited by Gaspare; 11/01/2017 02:05 AM.
M
M
hi gaspare
yes great memories going to the union n.j. show plenty of the best german/japanese/american military items brought back by returning soldiers these bring back items were the soldiers history of where they served and then by us buying thier items we became the keepers of this great history.

this union show was one day saterday from 9am to 1pm every body that came left there broke with no money but they all smiled and was happy with what they bought for thier private military collections .

one great memory for me was i had a pair of brand new ww2 japanese zero plane tires i bought from a south pacfic veteran now truthfully who ownes a japanese zero plane met this man at the union show who bought both tires for his brother in law who owned not only a japanese zero plane but also a very rare ww2 german me-262 jet plane he was from switzerland he told me his brother in law would be very happy getting those japanese zero plane tires for his museum guess there is seat for every one in this great collecting history hobby.

no one can deni since the begining of time these wars existed they did and the enemy is long gone so to the non believers who doesnt know thier history get over it nothing but jerks that doesnt want us to be happy collecting history they should step up to the plate like a man and not the wimps they are and tell me what i should collect they wouldnt have a nice day well its my pleasure to reminise with you great collectors these great memories is all we have thanks god bless all any militarynut

E
E
Gaspare
I also believe that the people running these small shows just do not have the heart like the old timmers.
Happened to the little Denver show I go to.
Was a great little show years ago, lots to see and buy.
Met this great dealer there,years ago, nice stuff. That was JR Meda and his son Kris, super guys.
But the show has dwindled to a dozen tables, with little to get excited about. When you give the person running it some ideas, they just look at you. But I go whenever I'm back in Denver.
It's just a new time.
Wow, I was born and raised in Cincinnati, those White Castles, CRAVE111
Ed

M
M
hi ed
thanks for your post here and those memories of eating those white castle belly bombs gaspare had and ate one dozen i think he needed a stomach pump after that many many laughs and great moments of pure american fun in union n. j. hate to see it go listen thanks again have a nice day andy militarynut

E
E
Andy
Yes, we have to always remember the good times. I've had plenty in my 69 years to keep my mind going.
I always look forward to the SOS because there are White Castles in Louisville, the Wilmington shows also.
Have to love those shows, they may be gone someday also.
Ed

M
M
hi ed
the best food at louisville show is the famious barbequed beef sandwitches and dinners in the hall way damm sause has my lips puckering cant wait to have lunch also in my opinion the food in the back of the hall ******** but thier ice cream is to die for this comeing show in february should be great as the gun show is back this combanation guns n military brings in the people thanks for letting me voice my opinion hope all agree god bless andy militarynut

G
G
Andy , I remember those tires!!! I thought you were nuts with those but they sold,,,and sold big!!

You had a great pick up with that gold party pin,,had a nice little gold safety chain put on it so the guy wouldn't ever lose it, jeweler done,,great job,,great piece!

Yeah we did pretty dam good there over the years. Maybe it will come back...

The White Castle ,,12!! thats a bit much even for me. Now I have a couple times do 7 laugh ,,but they are small 4 or 5 maybe make one burger!

For those who have never had them,,do a search,,see what the sign looks like and IF your ever traveling thru a state and see them advertised have one,,you will like it!

Well, lets hope things get better in our hobby. To me its a way to keep history alive. Pretty bad now that in school they teach WW2 in Jr high in 2 days!!! How the hell do they do that...A problem.

- *Whats that old saying,,lets hope I get it right,,,'those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it'..

Last edited by Gaspare; 11/04/2017 02:00 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,472 SS Bayonets
1,760,278 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,745 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (AntonGrabbe, Seppi, Dave, AndyRose, Documentalist, Tanker, Nietzsche), 458 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod