Tranlsate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#328569 - 05/03/17 06:55 AM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: Militarynut]
Militarynut Offline

Loc: PA/FLA
hi members
just noticed on the bcn bayonet forum posted by karl s on 4.21.2017 please look he shows a very early fighting /knife bayonet by w.k.c. they show early kings head and knights head logos isnt this the same knights head logo as i show on my miniture kreigs m marked divers knife i believe so i solved my own case here thanks to member karl s who shows same logo . last as i figured W.K.C. logos were different years where they showed both logos and then single knights head with the W.K.C. if there is any outher opinions and thoughts please by all means thanks god bless all and god bless america andy militarynut

#328608 - 05/04/17 10:18 AM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: Militarynut]
BAMA Offline

Loc: ALABAMA
Thanks Andy for your reply. Im not very knowledgeable of German Navy ordnance marks but would assume the Wa stands for Hasag, Hugo Schneider AG, Abteilung Lampenfabrik, Leipzig. Maybe some of the forum members could enlighten us as to the numbers 886. Im thinking that your knife might be one of a kind made on board by a navy machinist out of cannon shell of some sort.

#328621 - 05/04/17 07:34 PM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: BAMA]
Militarynut Offline

hi bama
thanks for your import and intresting opinion i have to agree and disagree on two different wording could have been made by a machinist on board the sub 886 if there was such a numbered sub i dont think it was made out of a cannon shell by a machinest i believe it was made with the W.K.C. company with thier knights logo it would be hard for any machinest to engrave that knights logo same as kens knife and last i do believe its a one of a kind made untill some one comes up with another then there is to that exists thanks you very much for your help god bless andy militarynut

#328636 - 05/05/17 08:43 AM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: Militarynut]
BAMA Offline

Loc: ALABAMA
Just found this in the reference section of WaffenAmpt codes...............WaA886 - WKC, Solingen 1939

#328653 - 05/05/17 02:14 PM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: BAMA]
Militarynut Offline

hi bama
well that helps some what w/a 886 W.K.C. learn something new every day this all points so far to originality doubt if fakers would go this far thanks very much have a nice day andy militarynut

#328770 - 05/10/17 09:54 AM Re: Diver's Knife Miniature [Re: Militarynut]
Militarynut Offline

hi bama
did you see the one naval miniture divers knife that tom johnson has listed on his site he says his is post war 1,600.00 doesnt even come close to mine and its not maker marked either oh well thank you for your help god bless andy militarynut

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2