Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#325500 01/06/2017 05:57 PM
odal Offline OP
OP Offline
The last ring i got in 2016.
Made very filigree in 333 gold.
Extreme lightweight and interesting 3-piece-contruction.
Band, plate and swastika are separate and soldered together.

Gold 2.1.jpg (70.24 KB, 171 downloads)

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
M
M
Wow odal beautiful man! Hey now.... is that a police ring underneath it/underneath the glass? I'd love to see pictures of that! Post against my emedals fake one? I'd love to see the comparison!

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
grin

stickpin rings

Organisationen.jpg (49.14 KB, 160 downloads)
Last edited by odal; 01/06/2017 06:59 PM.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
M
M
Originally Posted By: odal
grin

stickpin rings

The Hammer is a stickpin? :-o
U know I keep thinking this is hammer and gauntlet...of Thor. Straight out of the sagas...
Mark

M
M
Wow! Thank you!! So.... back to the stickpin ring question.... these then are real or postwar? And here's mine again for your opinion and comparison.... Stickpin ring

M
M
Originally Posted By: Mark4321
grin

stickpin rings

U know I keep thinking this is hammer and gauntlet...of Thor. Straight out of the sagas...
Mark

That's the symbol of the NSBO. It's an early pin too.

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
Gotz,
Your always find the most amazing stuff.....beautiful piece

#325535 01/07/2017 05:26 AM
killer swas ring!

Buying rings, Odal and runic brooches and jewelry and Greifen kunst brooches.
odal Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Wow! Thank you!! So.... back to the stickpin ring question.... these then are real or postwar? And here's mine again for your opinion and comparison.... Stickpin ring

These ones are a row of pre war rings and exist with different plates.
Mass produced with different onlays. Allways same band.
Yours is unpossible to date for me.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Originally Posted By: Mark4321
grin

stickpin rings

Mark

That's the symbol of the NSBO. It's an early pin too.

Thanks Mike, yeah I know. But that symbol is.. perhaps depicting Thor's hammer? Because it also has a gauntlet on the hand, and that's exactly as in the sagas: Thor needed the Gauntlet/glove because the hammer was red-hot when it flew back to him after smiting Giants! :-)
And we know how aware our German fathers were of THEIR forefathers, ie Germanic.Nordic traditions, heritage and culture, civilization..
Maybe it's not Thor's hammer, who knows, but I reckon it's a rather likely possibility...
Mark

M
M
hi odel
congratulation on your last minute ring finds for yr 2016 the swaz ring has a great amount of jewelry maker workmanship i just love the carefully done three piece please every one look at the great german workmanship in slideing the plate in on the top mounting the appling the swaz also made with low gold 333 this ring is a killer quality made ring congrats again i would love to present you with your christmas present the ring box from your home town in germany that you admired this above ring deserves this box its my pleasure to send it to you please send me your address to nanny1fl@aol.com god bless andy militarynut

M
M
hi mark
i have thought same thing about nsbo ring for years i also called it the thor ring on my site militarynut i have one of these thor rings for sale along with the original stick pin please take a look the ring itself appears to be german nickled silver i dont think its marked 800 have to look . this ring collection took me over fifty years to collect personily picked by me its time for you guys to carry the torch as you will see on my site i have been selling off my ring collection thanks mark/members god bless andy militarynut

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
wow!
Thanks my friend.
You will get a email

Last edited by odal; 01/07/2017 06:29 PM.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi mark
i have thought same thing about nsbo ring for years i also called it the thor ring on my site militarynut i have one of these thor rings for sale along with the original stick pin please take a look the ring itself appears to be german nickled silver i dont think its marked 800 have to look . this ring collection took me over fifty years to collect personily picked by me its time for you guys to carry the torch as you will see on my site i have been selling off my ring collection thanks mark/members god bless andy militarynut

Hi Andy and thanks, will do! I'm just a complete newbie in this and going slow and steady. My next original ring is on the way just now, and it's going to be the crown of my collection it's so cool! Which will make it a grand total of 3 originals that I have so far, HAHAHA! :-)

But hey: better late than never, and better some real fine rings that I personally adore and are special in their way than just any old thing, at least that's how I feel about it.
I AM still looking for a nice Edelweiß some time though, do you still have that one with book etc? What a special combination...

Hey thanks for everything Andy, God bless you too,

Mark

Last edited by Mark4321; 01/07/2017 08:17 PM.
M
M
hi mark
yes i still have the edelweiss ring with soldiers asweiss book i bought this ring from a german dealer many many years ago who bought it from the family of this soldier i asked would it be possible for him to read for me what was in side this soldiers assweiss i will tell you this with honesty once he read to me how many times this young soldier was wounded i believe six-seven times also when he read me as i was looking at this young soldiers face and then telling me he was awarded the edelweiss ring i started to tear and wanted that ring no matter how much he wanted for it i knew it was going home with me for my private collection gaspare knows how i feel about this magnificent war time grouping this is what its all about collecting history we are the keepers of this history hope you agree god bless andy militarynut

M
M
I agree. 1000%. That is what it's all about- no matter what you collect!

M
M
Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi mark
yes i still have the edelweiss ring with soldiers asweiss book i bought this ring from a german dealer many many years ago who bought it from the family of this soldier i asked would it be possible for him to read for me what was in side this soldiers assweiss i will tell you this with honesty once he read to me how many times this young soldier was wounded i believe six-seven times also when he read me as i was looking at this young soldiers face and then telling me he was awarded the edelweiss ring i started to tear and wanted that ring no matter how much he wanted for it i knew it was going home with me for my private collection gaspare knows how i feel about this magnificent war time grouping this is what its all about collecting history we are the keepers of this history hope you agree god bless andy militarynut

Thanks Andy. That is quite impressive....
Mark

M
M
hi mark
yes the edelweiss ring and soldiers aussweiss mentiones he was awarded this edelweiss ring hopefully when gaspare finishes his ring book it will be pictured along with many rings from my private collection . hope when you receive your newly purchased ring you can post it for us guys to see thank you so much god bless all andy militarynut

M
M
Howdy Andy and thanks this grouping is very interesting...
Yes for sure I will post my ring, probably under ring of the year 2026, since I bought it then (only don't have it in hands yet).
This ring is extra special I believe...very rare, ultra cool design, very good condition and thanks to Odal I even have a picture of a contemporary newspaper ad..
Can't wait now, I should have it here in a mater of weeks, perhaps days...
Talk soon Andy and God bless,
Mark

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,786 SS Bayonets
1,762,158 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,120 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,034
Members7,518
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Stephen, chevalier2022, Stud, The_Collector, atis, Documentalist, Don Scowen), 609 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod