Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
A
OP Offline
A
Hello!

I'd like to make my first post to this form a bit of a big request.
I'm looking for someone who makes reproductions of honor rings that can personally size and inscribe them.

The story behind my request.
Although I know very little about the specifics, apparently there is an original honor ring in the family, I personally have never seen it, but I have been told by my now late grandfather and surviving older uncles that it belonged originally to an ancestor of mine named "Heinz Badenhop" my mother's family in America still carries a modified version of the original name as "Badenhope" an attempt at making it easier for English speakers to pronounce correctly, although it still is always butchered. He was (as I've been told) and as I've been able to find out through limited research with records and family letters and the German War Graves Commission's search ability. Born in 1924 in Gilten and fell into soviet hands very late in the war. He died/was worked to death/was executed in Soviet captivity in 1946.

As stated above, I have never seen the original ring, and can't fully verify the tale, but regardless would love to have a reasonable reproduction of it made, they are all very similar in basic appearance and only the inner band differed from ring to ring in the wide sense of things. I'd like a very good replica made, something that honors the man that originally wore it and earned the right to wear it. I do not want something that is so convincing that it could be sold off as a real one though, something well made and very real looking, made from the same quality metal and cast correctly, but not a fake.

Does anyone know of someone that does custom made reproductions that could be sized correctly for my finger and that could be inscribed with his family name in the correct font and everything. I'm unsure of its original award date, so I will just choose a random date that fits within the timeline that he was likely to have been awarded it.

I've heard good thing about a gentleman named "Hapur" that makes customized high quality rings in the original materials with original equipment, but can't find any way to contact him or know of anyone who does.

Any idea of the costs involved?

Any information anyone can give would be very much appreciated!

I'd like to end this with a statement that I am not a "nazi" or believe in what they fought for, but I did have a-lot of family that did, 13 of them were killed in WWII in service to Germany. I have no respect for the ideals that they may have fought for, and I'm sure to an extent they didn't either. But I do respect them and honor them for the very real sacrifice that the rendered unto their people and their nation, I've never liked how people talk about all Germans and German soldiers of the era as monsters. They were ordinary men doing what they thought was right for their nation. And I can respect that. I have many of their grave sites pinpointed and plan on visiting a few of them each time I travel with every new trip I take to Europe.

I'll end this with an interesting but unrelated picture of my Great Grandfather (Johannes Friedrich Heinrich Badenhop) posing for a picture with his friends during the first world war.
Hes the shorter gentleman on the bottom, second from the left. He did, thankfully come home, and brought a-lot of mental scars home with him. He left for America in the early 1920's leaving most of his family behind.

Many thanks and best wishes of a happy thanksgiving
-Alexander Ross

Thanks for sharing the story here.

In the case of a a ring i think its worth to take a closer look on the rings made by our member "hapur".
In my opinion well made very close rings for a absolute fair price.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
Online Content
Email address for Hapur - totenkopfrings@gmail.com.

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com
M
M
Alexander, nice picture and welcome to the forum! Great story too, definitely worth some research. I'm guessing it would certainly be a later date, similar to the 21.6.44 ring we have pictured on the forum just posted by member cjam. It's important to remember that the recipients (post 1939) of the ss honor rings were officers of the ss with 3 years of unblemished service...so an ancestor born in 24 would certainly be one of the youngest! Maybe even a 45 ring! Also would explain its mint condition, of course! I would imagine that the dienstalterliste (maybe even the last handwritten one) would have its record. I totally appreciate your sentiment about fighting for ones country, and you're not looking at neo nazis on this forum either...we love history and think it should be preserved and respected...however, if your ancestor was in fact an HR recipient, it's possible that he had more invested in the nazi beliefs than a late war enlisted heer conscript, or a member of the volkssturm. But again, please share your story once you've got it researched... We are eager to find out about it! It would be cool if you could snag an actual peek at the ring from your family, just in case (and I am not intending to cast any doubt on your story, believe me) the engraved skull ring was of the private purchase variety...as our expert member Gaspare can attest, the skull ring was highly sought after, so some outstanding rings were bought by soldiers wanting one, and they are highly valuable and beautiful in their own right. Again, welcome and thanks for the great story, hope you get an outstanding ring! Happy thanksgiving!

I have found that it is very tough to maintain a dialog with hapur, apparently not hurting for business much, I wish you better luck than I had.

Nice pic btw, extremely clear and that wood shack is a piece of work.

Last edited by Skynyrd; 11/27/2014 08:41 PM.

Doug
I want to inform that after my first PM to harpur he has answered and we made a deal on totenkopf ring with my personal engraving. No problem here to make an order.

harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct

Am not trying to slander harpur, I know he has some happy customers and offers a decent product which is why I tried to order.
Sent about 4 pms got 1 reply and after a few weeks I finally gave up, the whole lack of response didn't seem to bode well when dealing with someone half way around the world.
In fairness maybe he was busy/unavailable I don't know. I make custom made products myself, when I get questions/ requests for orders I get right back, even if I am working 14 hours a day which I often do.

Doug
What's the reason of posting such ********?
From your first mail 10.22.14. till moment when you removed from topic 10.30.14. is one week!
10.24.14. I gave you info about what do I need to make ring and payment info.
10.26.14. you sent engraving info only. no payment, no more questions, nothing.
10.30.14.you removed yourself from topic.
Where is lack of response? If you have a question you have to ask.

#46826 - 10/22/14 02:22 AM SS ring-----Still making these ?
Skynyrd Online

Loc: Michigan

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Unread By: none
#46854 - 10/23/14 03:08 PM Re: SS ring -------- Oook, I'll take that as a no
Skynyrd Online

#46864 - 10/24/14 01:46 AM Re: SS ring ------- Hi, I still make them. Same price $80.00 shipped. I need name, date to be engraved and size.
My paypal totenkopfrings@gmail.com
hapur Online

Loc: Latvia

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#46888 - 10/25/14 11:43 PM Re: SS ring------ok ill get my ring size and get back, thank
Skynyrd Online

#46899 - 10/26/14 10:12 PM Re: SS ring ------- size 9.5 name Hans Kramer date any date WW2 say 1944
Skynyrd Online

#46963 - 10/30/14 06:21 PM Re: SS ring ------- Skynyrd has removed themself from this topic
Skynyrd Online

S
S
Nice job Hapur...Nice job...not much to say is there

John

So apparently from the 26th to 30th 5 days I hard nothing from you and gave up.
You should understand, I don't know you you don't know me, you live far away from me. It takes a leap of faith for someone to send $80 around the world based only on trust, and the only way you can reassure someone is communication. I told you the size, I told you what I wanted on it, does it take that much to figure out to say "Ok, message received, will start as soon as payment received" ? What was I to say after telling you ring size ect ..."Umm, are you still there, hellllo ??"
I heard nothing for 4 days so I gave up, as I say I make custom items myself and would expect someone to move on if I left them hanging 4 days.

I don't think you are a bad guy or a crook, I think you need to work on your communication skills is all.

Doug
I have ordered 2 rings from Hapur and was well pleased with the results. One was a size 7 for my girlfriend. He was communicative and even let me know that the sig runes would not be visible due to the small size. I also own an original SSHR an no they are not identical but with a bit of wet sanding very passable indeed. Excellent detail and workmanship. I read the above post and all I can say is. Sounds like poor communication was on the prospective customers end.

G
G
patience is a virtue! Take it easy guys.. Some of us are used to Western ways of response the same or next day.. Just doesn't happen anymore unless your ordering Christmas gifts on line grin
To date everyone that has ordered a HR from Hapur has gotten it has been satisfied..

I think Hapur makes some of the nicest rings available. I have had one of his, made to my name and birthday, for several years. I highly recommend him. I think jim Modena, me and a few other members all ordered ours at the same time and we loved the way they came out and he does make them to your specified size.

Mark

Baught one for me some years ago and meanwhile 2 others for friends.
Never any problems and very good craftmanship
for a more than fair price.
Thanks Rich!

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
Can someone post a picture of Hapur ring because Evgeniy said:

"harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct"

So who is wrong and who is right ?

A
A
Here is the TK ring hapur made for me in a step by step process on this forum.
However; I resized and reshaped the head myself and this is an after picture. The head, at least IMO was too big, and my understanding is he adjusted the size since then.
Since hapur used the correct process die striking rather then rubber mold casting which was never used as others have suggested his rings are much closer to the originals in size.
Gaspare is far more knowledgeable than I am and perhaps he'll add some information here.
These rings are again IMO a good value for the price.
Jim

Last edited by jim m; 12/02/2014 02:17 AM.
G
G
Jims is a nice ring.. Nice deep details, thick hunky ring..
I too have heard Hapur has changed the skull a few times..
Best,,is for you Hapur to put a photo of a current ring you make.. If photo posting is a problem you can always send them to me and I'll resize and put up [email is in my profile]..

I think shortly I will delete this topic...
I will post a permanent topic to the top and list those who make copy HRs. Since Hapur is a member and has sold many to members here and probably WAF he will be listed first and recommended by the members here.

Last edited by Gaspare; 12/02/2014 04:16 AM.
R
R
Originally Posted By: Evgeniy
harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct

In spite of that my preferred one to daily wear.

Ric

I'm waiting for my ring (hope get it next week). Will post pics for sure.

wink

abele.jpg (102.19 KB, 1185 downloads)

2 Ric Ferrari
I show nice copy http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=301255#Post301255
Its full autentic copy and its super copy

Last edited by Evgeniy; 12/02/2014 07:36 PM.
Give us the source....

I lost contacts, but have one more copy...
If you need ask me to P.M.

G
G
guys I get a lot of emails asking where to get a good copy HR to wear. So this topic has some good questions and answers, also a good link to another topic showing copies.

So this will be at the top now. Anyone has a copy HR to show, or a link to other copies you are more than welcome to add them here for discussion..

Hapur is the man here on this forum offering really good quality TK ring personalized for a reasonable price of $80 shipped. His servis is perfect and fast. I highly reccomend him. Below is my TK ring which was made with the speed of light. THANK YOU HAPUR !!!

IMG_8229.JPG (54.19 KB, 996 downloads)
IMG_8230.JPG (57.94 KB, 967 downloads)
IMG_8231.JPG (52.7 KB, 955 downloads)
IMG_8232.JPG (54.62 KB, 935 downloads)
M
M
Nice ring, gottlieb. Enjoy!

B
B
Gottlieb, can the date or name be personalized?

Weapons Collector
GDC Badge #0136
Yes, Hapur asks what do you want to have engraved.

S
S
I emailed Hapur this morning and he responded very quickly with photos and pricing info. 80 is correct. Looks nice. I will be ordering later today. Need to get my finger measured. Will post pic of ring when I get it.

G
G
Here is a site with many repros/fantasy rings on it..

Take a look,,imagine how some would look with aging,,or made to look ground dug etc..

Also to pick up some cool 'wearer' rings!

http://nazihistory.eu/

Last edited by Gaspare; 01/16/2015 06:52 AM.
S
S
I paid Hapur Monday evening and he emailed to tell me he will mail my ring on Thursday! I will post pics when I get it. I can't wait.

S
S
I must strongly disagree with Skynyrd. I emailed Hapur asking about price, size and skull size choice and received an email the same day advising that he would need to know what I want engraved and which skull size (of two) and he provided pictures of the skulls to choose from. I took about a week to get to the local jewelry store to get my finger measured so no fault of Hapurs and then emailed him that i need a size 12.5 and what I wanted engraved and sent payment Monday. Monday afternoon he emailed back that he had received my payment and info and would mail my ring Thursday. Yesterday, only two days after payment, he sent me an email that my ring would go out today and included a picture of the engraving on my ring. Absolutely communicative and awesome. I cannot wait to get it. smile

Hey, it is what it is, no need to keep flogging a dead horse.
My experience was not good, yours and most others was, great. I can only speak for myself. Maybe there was a communication breakdown, maybe he learned the importance of answering questions and returning messages promptly.

Doug
S
S
Skynyrd, yes it could be a learning curve or a communication breakdown. Perhaps after I get mine and post pics you may give him another try. Thats what free market economy is all about. I am just chomping at the bit to get mine!
Harry

Props to Hapur, I know he does good work and no doubt is a talented, honest man.

Doug
G
G
Harry,,if you don't mind please show us the ring when it arrives! thanks..

Heres a site with a ring section. The usual stuff seen on US and German eBay etc. Also HRs,,and a service,,they can make/reproduce any ring that you have!

http://www.totls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=34

P
P
not the easiest people to deal with, in my opinion. mike

S
S
Got my ring. Looks awesome, fits great. Thank you Hapur. Will post pic tomorrow.

That ring was so good Harry got laid and forgot to post pics.

G
G
,,, grin laugh

hey yeah,,lets see it!

S
S
Sorry I did forget. Ring is great. Will try to post today.

S
S
Sorry for the delay,. It was my forgetfulness not Hapur. I got the ring a day or so after I posted it was in the mail. Very happy with it!

ring 1.jpg (56.76 KB, 434 downloads)
ring 2.jpg (91.6 KB, 431 downloads)
ring 3.jpg (78.74 KB, 435 downloads)
ring 4.jpg (73.91 KB, 437 downloads)
M
M
Wow that is a nice ring! Congrats!

S
S
Sorry to make you guys wait. It was well worth the money.

Oh, we know Hapurs work here.
And yes, again a very nice made ring.
And the best of it is that you like it wink

Sweet

Worked it out with Hapur to try again, glad I did very nice.

zz.jpg (96.81 KB, 363 downloads)

Doug
also very nice ring....for a small finger grin

L
L
I too received a ring from Hapur. Excellent workmanship! Seriously, you won't be disappointed. The photographs do not do it justice.

Finally made site www.totenkopfrings.com
There are some videos on TK ring manufacturing.
Sure lots of things to be uploaded, but at least something.

There are less original rings than you think, much less...

www.totenkopfrings.com
Congratulations!

G
G
WOW Hap very interesting!! Why aren't you using a chuck to hold the die when its struck?

L
L
Hey Hapur.
Nice to see your process... and yes, I'm still wearing your ring since it arrived a month ago.

Not sure if it's me, but when I click on How It's Made, I get a double image glitch of some sort. I've just got a new Mac, so maybe it is something to do with the computer I'm using, or the various ad blocks etc. I would post a screen shot of what this looks like, except it looks like I have to host the image elsewhere... confused

EDIT: maybe this will work...

Last edited by L v K; 10/15/2015 08:54 AM.
G
G
Some years ago we had a member decide he was going to make a copy HR. He carved it all from jewelers wax and did a 2 piece ring [skull and band].

Don't think he made many and pretty sure he no longer makes them. They were pretty good for back then.
Who knows,,maybe they will be a collectors item in coming years like a Peichel [spelling?]. The better current copies like Hapurs also could become collectors items!, hey, you never know!

SSChrisA.jpg (49.82 KB, 410 downloads)
SSChris4.jpg (148.48 KB, 411 downloads)
G
G
A Chris 'SSCollertor' copy ring but in a period box belonging to Bob Hritz.

SSChris3.jpg (73 KB, 409 downloads)
M
M
Heck yeah that was a pretty good replication for a first attempt back then! How good they must be now!

A
OP Offline
A
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex

Last edited by Alexander; 12/12/2015 11:26 AM.
M
M
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!

Apologies for delay with response. Didn't see it before. Why there is no choke to hold die? I do not see a need for it here. There are no forces that can move it side way. Choke would be needed if used two sided die to keep them in right position against each other.

www.totenkopfrings.com
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!

Letters and emails to older relatives unfortunately turned up nothing of value, I've sent a request to the WASt for his service records, hopefully with them will come at least one photo. The only downside is that the WASt makes the DMV look like an express line with a waiting time of up to 12 months. May the wait begin. cool

M
M
Good luck Alex!

M
M
Originally Posted By: Alexander
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex

Absolutely, please do! Highly interesting, this!

As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Hapur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:38 PM.

Natural Born American Citizen
American Patriot
U.S. Army Vet. 1969-'71 Spc.5 Field Artillery Crewman
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
M
M
Originally Posted By: johnnyrocket
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Absolutely the only place if you ask me...

M
M
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Tip: I went to a jeweler, had it measured AND tried a similar-shape ring in that size to be sure...

Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:38 PM.

American Patriot
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
Maybe someday this Forum will be discussing the subtle nuances of "A Hapur" Original HR.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:44 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.
Heehee, yeah! Gaspare says they might well be the collectors items of the future, and THAT made me think of getting one of his HR's! But also much of his other work is brilliant... and remember: it's only 80 with special inscription, without it's only like 50 bucks! ;-)
Mark

I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.

American Patriot
M
M
I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.

U should just pm him here! Ok I JUST got my ring in the mail; its NOT an HR but of a different kind...
And WOW this is so cool. Even WAY cooler than I even expected. YOU should see the inscription inside, too!
Well what can I say I simply cannot recommend Hapur highly enough.
COOLEST RING EVER!!

Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/06/2016 08:50 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.
I THINK the small size is the original sort of style/size?But he shows both on his site...

Skull fits the ring from top to bottom, hard to imagine it being any bigger.
I looked through our conversation, he asked if I wanted large or small and I said whatever you think looks best, so I don't know for sure.

Doug
Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?

American Patriot
M
M
Pm member hapur

I've looked at Gottlieb's book and the skull design configuration and sizes are all OVER THE PLACE.

It appears to me that the average size skull goes a little above and below (approx. 1/16" top and bottom) the edge of the ring itself.

American Patriot
M
M
Not the best reference book. Admittedly I recently bought it for peanuts at a gun show and am pleased with the pictures only. Here are the reference books or authors I suggest- klaus patzwall, Don Boyle, and Antonio scapini. All better than Craig's. Save for Gaspares book on all other tr rings coming this fall. Skull designs vary between ring generations this is true. It is a separate soldered piece, so there will naturally be differences. 30s rings are different than 40s rings, and transitional rings exist with qualities of both. Wear is different based on lots of factors including ring construction, affecting the skulls quite dramatically. Some have even had stones set in the eyes (btw- hap if u read this one day I'm ordering one with the green stones- beautiful man!). Look at a later war ring - I think 44 rings can really look quite amazing and have been often replicated. I do prefer earlier rings, but they wore pretty substantially. Gaspare has seen one dipped in gold I believe?

E
E
[quote=johnnyrocket]Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem I emailed him and he said he actually received it and he sent me an invoice through paypal

Finally sent just an email and apparently it all went through with specifics of ring in email. Decided to have it engraved, for the price you can't go wrong. This ring seems to be the best deal on the net. I finally decided to get the large skull size which seems to be the correct size to order for a 40s style ring. I notice that the "smaller skull" looks a bit distorted around the jaw lines and just proportionally does not quite look right.

Got an invoice through PayPal a few hours later. All seems to be in progress for the ring.

Will post images when ring arrives.

American Patriot
E
E
Finally sent just an email and apparently it all went through with specifics of ring in email. Decided to have it engraved, for the price you can't go wrong. This ring seems to be the best deal on the net. I finally decided to get the large skull size which seems to be the correct size to order for a 40s style ring. I notice that the "smaller skull" looks a bit distorted around the jaw lines and just proportionally does not quite look right.

Got an invoice through PayPal a few hours later. All seems to be in progress for the ring.

Will post images when ring arrives.

You wont be sorry. I also ordered the personalized large skull one and it is flawless, well worth the money.

G
G
Someone was making a pretty good copy in gold somewhere on the net..
- 15, 20 years ago there was an authentic HR that gold plated! It was certified, was making the rounds at auctions. Not sure what happened to it. Heard new owner had it 'restored' by melting the gold off it but I never could really confirm it..

I received my ring yesterday. It was perfect size 10 as I had requested, quick turnaround time (Approx. 2 weeks from time of order) and everything on the ring exemplifies Hapur's quality.

2.jpg (50.64 KB, 359 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/26/2016 03:34 PM.

American Patriot
Another image of Hapur's Ring. This ring looks like a Himmler SS Honor Ring should look like.
Deep die stamping, good wt. and size...and the quality of construction and proportion are incredible.

This ring is a size 10 ring with the "large" skull, I also went for the engraving. For $80.00 (that price is an all inclusive price too) it's the best deal in the field of collecting.

4.jpg (57.98 KB, 360 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/26/2016 03:42 PM.

American Patriot
Here are some more images:

5.jpg (49.29 KB, 356 downloads)

American Patriot
1 more images attached:

8.jpg (45.33 KB, 351 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/26/2016 03:47 PM.

American Patriot
One more image:

6.jpg (49.38 KB, 353 downloads)

American Patriot
M
M
Killer piece man if that was real it would be a five figure ring. congrats !

Hi Byzanti...the detail on this ring is unbelievable...compared to the originals it looks like it just came from Ghar's Factory. The ring also has the heff (weigh) and beef (width) to it also which makes for a good natural feel for an everyday wear. Of course 99.9% of the public would never know what it is anyway!

It's really to good to be passed off as an original WWII era manufacture. Of course with a post-war birthday engraved would be a dead give-a-way.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/26/2016 05:05 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Very cool great pickup man

Hapurs work is great as allways.
Good to hear yo are happy with.

M
M
WOOOOOOOOOW...SO cool?!?! I got two on the way, can't wait man, can't wait.. I think I'm gonna get one with a big skull as well...
Seriously I believe what Gaspare said: these are collectors items of the future in their own right.
Mark

I just got another hapur ring too, very nice.
1st one was small skull this one large, I think I like the large better.

Only thing I'd recommend is that he start hallmarking them, as almost all precious metal items are. Would inhibit people from trying to pass them as legit to the unwary, and would be easier to resell if the time came for that.

IMG_1226 (Medium).JPG (160.47 KB, 356 downloads)
Last edited by Skynyrd; 02/27/2016 04:07 AM.

Doug
Here is a interesting SS Honor Ring (reproduction) site link:

http://sshonorring.jugem.jp/?eid=4&pagenum=4

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/27/2016 03:29 PM.

American Patriot
G
G
that site is our old friend 'BlackJack'! He was a member here a long time ago,,and those are SuperFakes... Don't think you can buy them...
Maybe at a big show,,aged a bit,,and for $5000. to $10,000! wink

Doug,,thats a cool ******** EK [?] ring your wearing under your HR.. How about a shot...

Last edited by Gaspare; 02/27/2016 05:55 PM.
Thanks for the info Gaspare.

These "SuperFakes" look better than the originals.

For me a good rule-of-thumb was what someone told me once:
That a person can never say with absolute 100% certainty about anything unless he was present at its time of creation.
I guess the best we have is an opinion based on the preponderance of the evidence which suffices most of the time,

American Patriot
M
M
One question on the HR design: between skull and runes there is a leaf-design. These are pointed? So I guess it's not oak leaves... Does anyone here know which type leaves they are?
Thanks,
Mark

M
M
I can't see much between the skull and runes- it's right up tight against it- but what is there is a continuation of the oak leaf pattern seen on the rest of the ring- it's definitely an accurate reproduction of the stylized oak leaves on some hr's. I suppose it doesn't look like it because to put a wider more rounded edged "oak leaf" - as we all can picture would make the band wider or the whole leaf design super tiny in its detail. Just imo

G
G
they supposed to be oaks,,so they were 'stylized' by Gahrs artist!

I tried to make so copies off BlackJacks site. Couldn't do it.. Everyone should get a good look at these copies while the site is still there.
And remember,,these were done several years ago!!

M
M
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
they supposed to be oaks,,so they were 'stylized' by Gahrs artist!

I tried to make so copies off BlackJacks site. Couldn't do it.. Everyone should get a good look at these copies while the site is still there.
And remember,,these were done several years ago!!
Ok thanks guys.... elsewhere I heard these are Laurels?

Gaspare - Just a generic biker style silver ring, does look nice but for sure nothing special.

Doug
M
M
Guess who's got himself a 'Richard Purmalis Original'? ;-)

PS the two bottom bands... as per my request he signed them with his name and the production date, plus stamp...
Beauties, fascinating rings altogether. Something magical about them.
Mark

Rich 1.jpg (38.01 KB, 592 downloads)
Rich 1b.jpg (37.57 KB, 588 downloads)
Ehrenringe 2016 by Rich.jpg (59.25 KB, 590 downloads)
Last edited by Mark4321; 03/12/2016 12:24 AM.
G
G
Nice work Hap! [Rich]

Last edited by Gaspare; 03/12/2016 03:12 AM.
Nice work on this ring. Best value for the money. Nice pics Mark.

Looks like a size 13.

American Patriot
M
M
Heehee, thanks! It's a fascinating and beautiful ring...

It's far away from good copy, but killer features is that this is die struck ring and nicely done engraving smile

M
M
Originally Posted By: Triggerself
It's far away from good copy, but killer features is that this is die struck ring and nicely done engraving smile

It's not supposed to be a 'copy', meaning detailed reproduction/fake. It's supposed to be a modern original piece of finest craftsmanship that is immediately recognizable as NOT being a contemporary honor ring.
One more reason why I asked Hapur to add his signature inside the ring. Anybody seeing 'Made by Richards Purmnalis' and '1.III.2016' MIGHT get the hint that this one was not made by Gahr in the 30's or 40s.
As Gaspare said: these will be collector's items of their own right in the future, no doubt. :-)
Mark

here my copy
was made from original ring
and have nuances like in original rings
it points was talking in book Gottlibes book

1.JPG (42.54 KB, 493 downloads)
2.JPG (56.16 KB, 492 downloads)
3.JPG (41.01 KB, 487 downloads)
4.JPG (24.64 KB, 485 downloads)
5.JPG (32.21 KB, 484 downloads)
Last edited by Evgeniy; 03/18/2016 06:57 PM.
Just received another ring for a friend of mine.

Again—Harpur did a fantastic job.
You can't beat the quality and workmanship on his SS Honor Rings. The engraving is superb.

Happy, Happy, Happy.

American Patriot
M
M
Totally agree. And his customer service is outstanding as well.
I have some custom work of his and it's amazing. Also many of his other rings are very cool and I wear 3 of them every day.
Mark

C
C
Hey guys, i need your opinions.
What comes closer to the original look?
Ring with small skull or ring with large skull?

Chris

M
M
I guess small skull was more common? Or at least they're often so worn off that they're rather on the smaller side...

C
C
I am thinking about two days wether large or small.
Both looks good on the Pictures here but i cant decide.
Ring size will be 10.

What do you let engrave?
Your name and birthday or soldier name and one of the four real dates?

Originally Posted By: Christian76
I am thinking about two days wether large or small.
Both looks good on the Pictures here but i cant decide.
Ring size will be 10.

What do you let engrave?
Your name and birthday or soldier name and one of the four real dates?

To be consistant with the original ring design I would go with this:
S.lb. (Your Last Name here) day of birth. month of birth. year of birth H. Himmler
[url=][/url]
Example: S.lb. Vogal 20.5.44 H. Himmler

I think the "Larger Skull" looks the best for this style ring. I had said smaller earlier but check and it's the LARGER SKULL THAT LOOKS THE BEST.
Here is a link to Harpur's ring site.

http://www.totenkopfrings.com/

HH.jpg (45.46 KB, 441 downloads)
This is a Harpur engraving example sample. You can go to his site for further examples of engraving and wording.
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 06/07/2016 11:02 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Agree. most consider the larger more accurate. U won't be disappointed in any case- money well spent IMHO

C
C
Thanks for your help,it's done.
I ordered the ring with a large skull now.
I looked at my original 1942 ring and think you are right...the large skull seems to be the right choice i hope eek

Dont know why, maybe it's only the picture, but the small skull looks a little bit squeezed on the ring.

Last edited by Christian76; 06/08/2016 12:57 PM.
Lately I've been asked to make ring bands not that wide and more concave. So here is another die compared to current band. Would like to hear your opinions on new one die. Should I swithch"?

DSC_0177.JPG (76.13 KB, 429 downloads)

www.totenkopfrings.com
G
G
I'm liking the one on the left.......

M
M
+1 very nice work hap !

C
C
The left one looks great, more like the original.
When can i order it wink

M
M
I like wide AND concave... but I might be interested in the new version as well.
Mark

Originally Posted By: Christian76
The left one looks great, more like the original.
When can i order it wink

You can order it right now. Dies are ready to work.

www.totenkopfrings.com
G
G
Hap,,, your last photo [319844 ] ,,the ring on the left,,,is that the large or small skull?

small skull

www.totenkopfrings.com
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Good luck Alex!

Originally Posted By: Mark4321
Absolutely, please do! Highly interesting, this!

The wait is over! A disappointing enough answer, but enough to go on I think.

In typical German fashion the record offices for the Wehrmacht and SS were completely independent entities and near the end of the war the SS record office was destroyed (reoccurring theme), the information I was given are only fragments of the original record and among the things missing is the service picture and indeed his whole identification book! frown

Hartwig Friedrich Badenhop, born on March 17th 1909 in Kirchlinteln was assigned indentification number "-A492- Fl. H. Kdtr. Rotenbg./Hann.".

His last official transfer of employment on record is dated June 12th, 1940 to Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur Rotenburg/Hannover. In a list for worker labor distribution his job title and function are not specified.

Further, the documents I received also make mention of an unknown "Einberufung in die Waffen-SS". My understanding of the exact meaning of that field is blurry, and I can't tell if that simply means they don't have record of his rank there, or if it refers to a more specific duty/call-up purpose.

On March 19th 1945 at 11:00AM while serving with the SS in the Bachem district of Merzig, Saarland; Hartwig was found dead outside the hunting lodge in the Dürwiesenkopf (=capital/administrative?) district.

Although it was less than I was hoping for after waiting almost a year; I think there might be enough to go on to mount a more in depth investigation. As a small bonus; since they couldn't provide me with much information the WAST waived the usual 40 euro processing fee, generous for a government organization of any kind! Imagine must what have originally been available on record!

Cheers
Alex

M
M
Alex- 1. Thank u for the work and sharing the results! To be honest, that's not too bad IMHO in terms of information found! (Really- so many people know so much less about individuals they want to know more about!) 2. I think it leaves a door open with clues that might show up elsewhere! I know of someone who found enough info on a loved one that they found his identity disc/dog tag for sale at a militaria show!!) 3. And u saved 40 euros! Heck, in our hobby u got a nice enough free wound badge for that amount!!
Thank u for sharing and good luck! Hopefully some more turns up-
Mike

O
O
Hello everybody, I am new here, and first of all I wish you a merry christmas.
I am sorry for my bad use of english, but as you can guess... it's not my native language.
I found this forum while doing researches for a gift, as my husband and I are very passionated about history, and then I found this place, with all these expert people.
I did order a ring for my husband from Hapur, as I saw the masterpieces he is able to do. I think he is a true artist, and I cant wait to see the result.

Well, again best wishes to you all, and thank you for accepting me in this community.

best,

E.

Building another one in gold smile

_DSC0054.jpg (103.93 KB, 443 downloads)

www.totenkopfrings.com
Gold HR, might be interested in that

Doug
With how much content?

This one on pic is 14k. Lately I was asked to make them in 18k and white gold and in platinum also.

www.totenkopfrings.com
Originally Posted By: hapur
This one on pic is 14k. Lately I was asked to make them in 18k and white gold and in platinum also.

Very nice , Look forward to some progress pictures

If i understand right, you make your rings on order in every alloy?

G
G
Hap,,please, when your finished and get the chance we'd all love to see the gold version!

Also,,with your silver alloys,,,are you just using sterling?
OR, are you using 800/835? and IF you are can you buy the bullion like that [800 and 835]? or are you doing the alloy yourself?
Thanks, Gaspare

Mostly I do use sterling. If customer wants I can use 800 or 835 or any other alloy. I do make alloys myself. Most interesting was order to make TK ring from silver 5 mark coins.

www.totenkopfrings.com
Few more almost finished. Hardest part was getting patina on gold. As you do know gold does not oxidize. But if customer wants patina I have to get it, customer always right smile

goldtkengraving.jpg (38.09 KB, 414 downloads)
goldtkringsm.jpg (94.92 KB, 419 downloads)

www.totenkopfrings.com
M
M
Looks awesome...

wow looks nice in gold , superb

G
G
just noticed,,to RFSS from AH himself! excellent! You could have done that even for Ottos! wink
Bravo!! the AH sig engraving came out really good!

M
M
Very nice!!

Hapur have you got any pics of the platinum, and white gold HR rings ?

No, I didn't make pics, they looked almost same as in silver, just heavier.

www.totenkopfrings.com
M
M
Difference in Patina worn and unworn.
Both examples made by Hapur.
PS these are from Silver, not white gold...

2 ER.jpeg (20.04 KB, 425 downloads)
Last edited by Mark4321; 04/03/2017 10:21 AM.
M
M
Nice rings!

You wear two of them on one finger?
just kidding smile

www.totenkopfrings.com
M
M
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Nice rings!

Thanks Mike! :-)
The bottom one I wear every day...

M
M
You wear two of them on one finger?
just kidding smile

Yeah I know: I took the 3rd one off for the photo.. ;-)
No, you'd LIKE to wear them all at once they're so cool! :-D
Mark

D
Online Content
D
Building another one in gold smile

Is this done to satisfy buyer demand?

Wish I could recall where I read Himmler thought gold represented jewry.

Also didn't norse legend Thor possess a silver ring that tied in with truth and the mythology of the sshr.

Again, just hearsay and something read along the way.Whether theres anything to it I'm not sure.

Yes, this is done to satisfy buyer demand. Did not ask what are the reasons for that.

www.totenkopfrings.com
here is my repro, what I wearing by 20.4.37

70a13726e9da.jpg (35.16 KB, 254 downloads)
362117af8a4c.jpg (39.06 KB, 255 downloads)
G
G
E. , that is a really nice copy too! I know you have been planning/ thinking about it for years,,it came out great,,congrats...

So members,,there are many copy HRs out there..
I'm proud to say we have 2 advertised here that are the absolute 2 best out there!. Hapurs and Evgeniys...

So you check them out, weigh the pros and cons of each and what fits your needs and make your order... Good work guys!....,G.

G., thank you for your kind and good evaluation of my work !
I would have done with a great interest another copy of the year 44, I consider this design to be the best in the rings of the 40s model, but I do not have the original, for its reproduction, it may be when it happens )))

E
E
Hello friends!
It is several year, that I was going to learn how to make a wax sample, then cast it and so on. I was going to learn how to make one for myself. It was a dream for about 10 years for me to have a good replica, at least. And suddenly I found Hapur's perfect replicas! It got tear to my eyes! wink I am going to order mine as soon as I measured my finger size. Thank all of you for the review.
I think the most important thing is that he makes them in the same way that the original rings were made.
Thank you Hapur!

E
E
And I have to add that the wider more concave version, with the small skull is the most correct version. What do others think?

E
E
Sorry, meant less wider...

G
G
Welcome to the forum Eshagh.. Yes Hap makes a very nice copies,,and the proper way on period equipment! [I like the less wide one too]...

Have you made wax models of things before? or make a casting? Do you collect rings? or any military in general?..,G.

E
E
Thank you Gaspare!

Yes indeed, Hapurs TK rings and the best replicas available overall.
No I didn't even give a try to make a wax model or something, I don't do jewelry at all, nor I'm not a professional collector, but I'm interested in such stuff, specially If they are not too expensive! This ring looks really amazing. I like the mysterious shapes and the contrast made by petina on sterling silver.

E
E
Although I like Evgeniy's ring too, but Hapur's technique of making them, makes me more interested in his rings. I used to believe the original rings were make by was, until I saw Hapurs website. But I am just wondering did he made the die himself?

here my works
I personally do not care about the method of production, in my opinion quality and authenticity with the original ring is more important, and my work is 100% authentic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
G
Evgeniy,,,, thanks for posting your new rings! They are on some sort of Russian photo hosting site. Maybe they will disappear after a while [?]

anyway,, I will repost they again... They really are some beauties!! yes some care about how they are made. Some want the early pattern, or late. but yours really are some NICE looking HRs. Very close to the real thing!

zzzzzzze.jpg (98.08 KB, 164 downloads)
zzzzzzzzebf4982f5e50.jpg (124.76 KB, 165 downloads)
G
G
Yours I take it Evgeniy is a lost wax or investment cast.. Done properly the method will make a great reproduction ... These really do look nice!! Make sure your contact info is updated in your profile for orders!

Members. We are very lucky to have 2 resident members here who make 2 very different HR for you to buy! Both have their merits and both look different enough that you can get what you want.. So look no further,,you can have a choice,,Hapurs or Evgeniys.. Their contact info should be in their profiles..

Evgeniy,, Do you make these at a home workshop? Or do you have a big production type shop etc? Is the ring a copy of one of yours? and last,,can a member order a ring blank and have what they want engraved in the band?

zzzzzz34aade8c4f7d.jpg (245.14 KB, 416 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 03/23/2018 03:14 AM.
Hi Gaspare, my friend !!!
Thx you for your good opinion and words to my works.
My production is located in different places, it is not at home, the casting of blanks is made in one place, assembly under the size, polishing, etching in another place.
Yes of course I have an blank rings and you can buy them too, their price is the same as for the standard ring (S.lb Geil 20.4.37 H. Himmler) -100$ any size, sterling (925) silver

E
E
Hello friends!

I think the both rings have advantages, Hapurs rings have really sharp details and the tenchbique he uses cuases deep and good details, this is why I mentioned the technique.
On the other hand Evgeniy's rings are casted out of a real ring, so the shape is much similar to real ones, how ever it looks exactly like a rubbed off one, with faded details. Thus I have to buy one from each of them. No way! wink

E
E
Dear Evgeniy
Only one question, Is the skull welded to the ring or they are casted as one piece?
Thank you!

W
W
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

20180329_033200-1209x907.jpg (83.17 KB, 360 downloads)
W
W
one more photo comparison of swastika rune.

20180329_034243-1209x907.jpg (88.79 KB, 367 downloads)
Its not sicret : height of band in original sshr was 7mm
The relief of my copy is not very deep, because the original ring also does not have a deep relief, a very deep relief near the rings became in the 1940s.
As I understand it, the design of the ring was reworked, due to the rapid wear of the relief in the rings, the early version.
But my task was to repeat the original ring as much as possible, and not to invent and make changes, I concentrated on the maximum authenticity with the original and I think that I did a great job

P.S height of band in my repro, too - 7mm, you can check it wink

W
W
I like your ring evgeniy. that's why I bought it wink
I hope you make a 1940s hr someday as well laugh
I was just wondering if the 1940s version was a taller band? or is harpurs
inaccurate for the band height.
cheers Todd

Last edited by waffenman; 03/29/2018 02:07 PM.
E
E
Dear Waffen man, Hapur has a post in page 3 of this thread that he says he has made his rings less wider, I mean shorter in height.

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/176222/filename/DSC_0177.JPG

I understand now, the early 1930s hr was a thinner ring that wore out faster and due to that the 1940s version was made a little thicker for less damage. These are great rings!

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
E
E
Agree, both are great.
Thank you waffenman for sharing the nice comparison.

new photoshot works

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Evgeniy; 04/27/2018 02:36 PM.
V
V
Originally Posted by waffenman
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

But your Harpur Ring is the one with big band and big head? He has one with the correct measures on ring band and skull

Hice todo ubique
tower of power
IMO cool shots )))

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
G
E.,,,,IMO I agree!...A real Tower of power!!

These are your new HRs,,,they are beauties..

Very nice and I know it was a lot of hard work for you.. But it paid off because they look very very good! Congrats!

Anyone interested in these beauties please contact Evgeniy directly! We have 2 of the best reproduction HRs out there on the market!

Last edited by Gaspare; 09/01/2018 07:44 PM.
Thx you Gaspare ! :-)
I hope, you like as a very good connoisseur of rings, appreciate the authenticity of the work
thank you !!!

V
V
Fantastic reproduction with perfect skull head... good job Evgeniy

Hice todo ubique
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

04d5754978312afe46f971a706273ed1.jpg (80.32 KB, 228 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/12/2018 02:12 AM.

American Patriot
G
G
Himmler was a ring man through and through! Some photos show rings on both hands and multiples as shown here...
There are photos of him wearing his HR. I think he liked 'changing them up'! I don't wear the same ring all the time [except wedding band]..
He probably had plenty of rings [I also remember a photo with a Skull and Snakes ring] .. I think he just liked to wear different rings depending on ? ,,,but he definitely had a HR and did wear it sometimes.. Why not all the time [?] Something we'll never know............cool photo , thanks for posting it........

M
M
hi members
i would like to add some information that was stored in my old coot brain about Himmler and him wearing different rings on his both hands but i never seen him wearing his honor ring i would guess that his ring is still in germany with his only child gertrude or ingred sorry forgot her name she has to be in her 90s now who knows his honor ring might show up and yes gaspare i remember seeing one of himmlers rings with snakes on it as far as what the Reichsfuhrer collected was mid evil armour and he liked rocks n gems did see a picture of the Reichsfuhrer at a rock n gem show many years ago i think it was pictured in a book about him hope this info helps you guys stay well see you all at the mighty max show god bless andy militarynut

Hi Andy,

Here (attached) is an enlargement of the image above, of Himmler wearing his SS Honor Ring. After enlargment the H.R. can clearly be seen worn by him. There is also a fantastic color image of Himmler wearing this ring taken of him at the Berghof, probably around 1943, have you ever seen that image Andy? If not I will post it here.

I notice something very strange about this image(?) he is wearing the H.R. ring with the skull "facing him" and not out toward the viewer, as required by his own SS protocol for the proper wearing of the ring.

I find this very strange?

HH SS Ring.jpg (48.38 KB, 228 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/12/2018 01:37 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling corrections.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnnyrocket
first i would like to thank you for your service and wellcome home thanks for photo of the Rreichsfuhrer Himmler wearing his honor ring with the skull faceing him also another picture shows Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard heydrich with his honor ring skull faceing towards him in my humble opinion i believe Heidrich did this in defience to say hey Himmler your not the only one who can wear his honor ring with the skull faceing me just like when Heidrich was rideing in an open mercedes benz convertible when the Fuhrer heard about this he told Heydrich not to do this some one will take a shot at you Heydrich replyed meine Fuhrer there isnt a czech that has the balls to shoot at me little did he know the english taught czech soldiers were planning to assinate him and they did and the history goes on speaking of history i will have at this years max show some intresting ss documents and ss womans s/d cufftitle first one i ever seen also with it i have the signed hospital document signed by obergruppenfuhrer karltenbrunner along with her medal for being wounded this s/d woman was in an air raid attack very intresting german ww2 history top shelf ss items stop and see me at my table you wont be sorry thanks again god bless all andy militarynut

G
G
Johnny,,,thanks for the close-up! See, there you go he's wearing his HR... I guess its his prerogative to wear it however he wants! He does some weird stuff,,I mean how many people you know or seen wearing 2 rings on one finger,,,and still more rings on the other fingers!! Yeah he's a ring guy for sure....

Andy,, I hope you bring your ring trays!.. Members those who are lucky enough to get to the MAX will see Andys 2 ring trays.. One is for the Allies,,,and the other for the Axis and collaborators... IF you still have it there's a ring I've been meaning to get from you . So please Uncle Andy ,,please bring your ring trays! grin wink

Andy will have his other 'treasures' as he calls them,,and they are! Some really nice items.. These are actually items from his personal collection.. See Andy doesn't buy because he needs stock.. He buys because he really likes the piece. Likes so much he doesn't really care if you buy it or not. don't buy,,he still has something he loves to own in his collection... Thats a nice way to go on as a dealer in this hobby..

So visit and see Andys nice pieces. All attending have a good show and drive safe,,no drinking and driving! and,,what out for those that DO!

OH yeah,,IF you have a cool photo of H.H. wearing his rings,,,come and add it here to this post!,,,thanks , G.

Last edited by Gaspare; 09/13/2018 01:20 AM.
its shot not with Himmler

M
M
hi evgeniy
thanks for your opinion i dont think any one can prove this is himmlers hands can you show us the full picture hopefully we can put these hands with the face the three rings he is wearing it appears himmlers gloves under hand which he all ways wore but still not enough dna or clues that this is himmlers hands ok evgeniy prove to us that johnnyrocket made a misstake this would help hope we wont have to call on sherlock holmes again thanks god bless andy militarynut

Hi All, now that I look at this again the rings in the large image of Himmler do not quite match the rings in the enlargement something seem off to me. I got this from a file that suppose to be Himmler's rings. At first glance the image seemed to match the larger image. 2nd thoughts...yes it don't look quite right. I'll be doing some more research on this too.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 01:15 PM.

American Patriot
I found the image that I think the close-up came from.

This is definitely not Himmler (good look-alike) though. Other images does show Himmler with similar groupings of rings on both hands, but none are good enough resolution to get a good close up of what they really are.

3.0.jpg (40.45 KB, 179 downloads)
HH rings.jpg (34.39 KB, 170 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 02:47 PM.

American Patriot
In doing the quick research this morning on this ring grouping ? I came across a good image of SS Obergruppenfuhrer Philipp Bouhler who's official title was: Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuhrer of the NSDAP.

A high-resolution formal image of Philipp Bouhler is fitting enough for an SS Obergruppenfuhrer I guess.

Philipp Bouhler.jpg (41.42 KB, 165 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling corrections.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnnyrocket
yes philip bouhler is another photo with his honor ring shown listen take your time researching these photos rohm wasnt built in a day thanks very much im sure you will find the right photo mitt himmler wearing his rings have a great day andy militarynut

Borman wearing SS Honor Ring.

Borman SS Honor Ring.jpg (37.94 KB, 174 downloads)

American Patriot
Thanks Andy, been retired for years, so I have lots of time to play.

I actually have more fun researching things than purchasing them. I started collecting back in the 60's...very different times than they are today. Like a lot of people I got interested in collecting from my dad who brought lots of goodies home from WWII, As a kid I was totally fascinated with all the various designs of military items, especially German.

The German's had a medal, patch, flag, dagger and or award for just about anything one could imagine.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 03:12 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnny
so you have been retarted like me opps there i go again slipping sorry i was retarded in 1989 lucky me so far im beating them they are paying me oh yes those 1960s days when you could buy german lugers two matching clips holster for between 35.00 to 40.00 daggers for 60.00 but lets go back in 1962 i brought home 57.00 week gasoline was on sale less i believe then a dollar well we cant roll back the clocks militaria was all over the place now the cubbards are getting bare on good militaria we are paying dearly just to get it but im very happy for this great past time and mostly the great people in this hobby there is a few crabs like me but hey thats life i all ways said this if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen ps let me know when you find himmler wearing his honor ring have a great day god bless andy militarynut

Will do Andy...I'm with you, thinking all the images I've seen of Himmler wearing rings I assumed that they were at least one Honor Ring in the bunch. But on second thought all the images I've recently looked at are not clear enough to actually see the rings shown to make a definite conclusion that it is actually an Honor Ring.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 06:42 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnnyrocket yes all the books and images i have do you think i can rember which where it is the one thing is defenitly heydrich has the picture showing his honor ring with the skull faceing him and phillip bohler not to sure if his skull is faceing him but this i know heydrich would defi the higer ups and he got away with it then he was assinated ok guys later back to the drawing board hve a greeat night god bless andy militarynut

V
V
I thought that the skull should look at the owner as a remainder that the SS man should be ready at any moment to risk his life for the benefit on the company. Herr Heydrich did not wear the ring in the correct form, and it face the viewer. I think that he do this for psychological reasons. To let the viewer see the skull and inspire terror.

Hice todo ubique
V
V
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

May be one of the two rings he is wearing on ring finger is the HR and the head has turned itself into the palm. I wear all the time a repo HR and sometimes it happens. As we do not see the skull we can confused and believe it is a different ring. It would be estrange that he ordered members wear the ring at any time and he did not. As this is a public party it is extra?e that he decided not to wear it.

Hice todo ubique
M
M
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut

M
M
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut

V
V
Hi, I have not the picture and Tryed to find. In these portrait pictures are not easy nor imposible to see Heydrich with the incorrect faced skull as they are propagandist photos. I do not believe, that Heydrich, a person that pay many attention on details will pass it and show a deliberate contradiction to the normative. If you see other pictures, most of the he has gloves or hands are hidden. I remember see a picture of him and Lina in casual dress wearing the ring in incorrect form. But I did not find it. It is not a secret that he liked to wear the ring with the skull facing the onlooker.

Hice todo ubique
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,265,027 SS Bayonets
1,762,908 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,826 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/26/2024 05:45 AM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Mine service metal insignia.
by derjager - 04/26/2024 01:00 AM
Rings & Things for the MAX
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 12:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,065
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (Stephen, C. Wetzel-20609, Vern, Dean Perdue, JONATHAN, Documentalist, Dave, S.Wilson, Miroslav), 780 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod