Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Hi all,

I tried to look for KDF tinnies + things here, but couldn't find any. Y'all probably have tons of these! I have 2 to show, + 1 question about 1 of these ...

1 day I hope to find a gorgeous Betreuerinnen Abzeichen for the Kraft Durch Freude organisation, but the tinnies are NOT to be taken lightly either. I love the colors some of these ahve, they look AB-SO-LUT-TLY smashing! I had a WAY nice green 1, but this week a very nice 1 was added, having deep red in it, they make a lovely pair, don't they?

The green 1, is made of pressed paper. The red 1 is made of, well, what, exactly? It weighs like aluminum? Its some kinda very light (pot?) metal anyway. The green 1 has no makers mark, the red 1 has this text at the back;

Eferd Wiedemann
Frankfürt a M S10

Its a BIT hard to read, the camera doesnt quite grab the fine details, not even in macro, sorry ...

I was reading that "Eferd Wiedemann" may mean "E. Ferdinand Wiedemann". The "a M" obviouslt for "am Main". Main, a river, Frankfurt being the biggest city of Hessen. The entire area is called the Rhein-Main-Gebiet in German. Its where the rivers Rhein + Main come together. You can easily see now where the design of the red tinnie was made up from

I've been looking at the "S 10" part? So, S, is NOT an RZM Kennbuchstabe ... they used A, B, D, G, H, K, L, M, V + W. Not S! Also, Reichsbetriebsnummern generally look WAY different? So, can't be THAT either. Could it be a Leistungsgemeinschaft Deutscher Ordenhersteller thing then? Possibly? There are some L-numbers of those, like L\15 for Otto Schickle for example? Could thee be any S-numbers too?

Oh, yes, the little book? Is a Taschenatlas! Very interesting; a view on the Deutsches Reich at about 1938. Its the 1st thing showing me "Amt für Reisen, Wandern und Urlaub" combined with Kraft Durch Freude. Well, I knew what KDF was, but, still nice to learn period namings + frasings + so on

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

KDF_1.jpg (97.34 KB, 406 downloads)
Up front
KDF_2.jpg (95.94 KB, 407 downloads)
From the back
KDF_3.jpg (97.6 KB, 404 downloads)
Close up, front - red
KDF_4.jpg (96.96 KB, 408 downloads)
Close up, back - red
KDF_5.jpg (95.66 KB, 403 downloads)
Close up, front - green

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.
K, very nice. Thank you for sharing. We do not have a dedicated KDF tinnie section set up yet. Someday. Yours can start it off. smile

The metal of your red one is a zinc alloy. the S 10 I would attribute to a street address. confused

--dj--Joe USMC.

Last edited by derjager; 07/10/2010 01:06 AM.

<BR>
I do have one KDF example.

--dj--Joe USMC.

KDF.jpg (78.74 KB, 378 downloads)

<BR>
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: derjager
K, very nice. Thank you for sharing. We do not have a dedicated KDF tinnie section set up yet. Someday. Yours can start it off. smile

The metal of your red one is a zinc alloy. the S 10 I would attribute to a street address. confused

--dj--Joe USMC.

Hi Joe!

Thanks! Actually, streetaddress, YES, almost ... I overlooked the fact that there would NOT be a makernumber, 'cause the NAME is there too. So, I totally overlooked that BUT, S10, that means Stadtteile 10 Nope, did NOT get to that myself, I had help from someone WAY smarter then me.

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: derjager
I do have one KDF example.

--dj--Joe USMC.

Oooohh ... and its GORGEOUS! Thanks for adding this 1 Joe! I love it

K, nice grouping! first time I have ever seen these.

Fritziii

<BR>
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: fritziii
K, nice grouping! first time I have ever seen these.

Fritziii

Hi Fritziii,

Thanks! And, my pleasure! Ive seen the green heart pin once somewhere else, but not the red pin. I was told that theres a hardcore KDF-collector group, hunting these pins down? And theres a preference for wooden pins. I see 2 of those at eBays now; 1 expired, 1 running towards ending. Prices are high. lll attach them here, just for reference. I dont have these, but they SURE are nice! Never saw these before too! I hope this topic will expose more gorgeous KDF pins

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

KDF_wood_1.jpg (78.01 KB, 361 downloads)
Nice colours!
KDF_wood_2.jpg (85.78 KB, 355 downloads)
Another pretty example!

OP Offline
Hi all,

Sometimes, you find something that you, sorta, fall in love with?. For badges, medals or pins, I have a few I like wickedly much for some reason. The Deutschvölkische Schutz- und Trutzbund have pins that have hit me like a brick when I learned about them! And also, many, WAY many KdF pins are gorgeous + absolute stunning little artworks, like shown earlier

Some posts back I mentioned the Betreuerinnenabzeichen. I dont know if other Gaue had Abzeichen for their girls, women, promoting the Kraft durch Freude organisation? But Gau München-Oberbayern DID HAVE such a pin. And, this 1 too, I liked so much when I saw it 1st.

Some (very lucky) auction came, and ended, and no one else wanted this 1? So, here it is, keeping the other pins above company; the KdF-Betreuerinnen badge of Gau München-Oberbayern.

The pics are quickies, same settings as a DRL Abzeichen I posted, I wanted something more with it, but weather is bad today, it probably wont get better. And I promised someone to post this. So, without any more ado, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Oh, and the booklet, thats awesome too! Not much to read, but more like a what goes where + with whom sorta book. Havent read it yet, but it gives info on how things were organized. Besides, it makes a smashing display with the little atlas and all the pins

Its rather big; 5 centimeters (2 inches) across. The KdF-Betreuerinnen badge is in Hüsken's "Abzeichen 1871-1945", 2010 edition, on page 179, §80, "Freizeitgestaltung Algemein". Its under number 8001, Brosche "d". Gosh, guys, this 1 is truly awesome. Im so stoked! Yay!

Enjoy,
Karin-Renate

Betreuerinnen_1a.jpg (95.39 KB, 325 downloads)
Brosche + Buchlein
Betreuerinnen_2a.jpg (92.86 KB, 326 downloads)
Front
Betreuerinnen_3a.jpg (97.32 KB, 323 downloads)
Back
Betreuerinnen_4a.jpg (95.47 KB, 319 downloads)
Front
Betreuerinnen_5a.jpg (96.51 KB, 317 downloads)
Back

Congratulations K, that is a nice looking broach. cool
A very nice addition to your collection.

--dj--Joe

<BR>
OP Offline
Thanks so very much Joe! The only disadvantage of KdF is,that they didnt have a dagger *LOL* the badges + pins? Truly cant be beaten mostly. SO many pretty 1s they had! I went hog wild when the auction ended, wasnt expecting it to arrive even, at that price? Don't count your chickens until they hatch, right? But there it was! Yay! AFAIK these never come cheap, if they come at all, in OK condition? Ive seen people show them off elsewhere, its wicked fun to be able to do that here too There's 1 over at what y'all call "mighty Weitze"? It seems to have less colours somehow. Did these come in themes? Or, did colours just wear off? Does any1 know?

OP Offline
Hi all,

Well, as lovely as the Betreuerinnenbroche is, Im proud to say, it has competition! Not the value, but, in a way, that too? 'Cause, less expensive things can mean more to someone then more expensive stuff! Or maybe thats a girly way of thinking? Anyhow, this might be just that!

Its a wooden KdF badge, or pin. On the back, it says something like "131", "Sachsen" and "Gebirge". Maybe "Gebirge" is "Erzgebirge", I dunno, theres ink before "Gebirge" but cant see if it means anything.

So, this SPECIFIC badge s NOT in Tiëste's "Tagungs- und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930-1945" (5. Auflage), BUT, it COULD be the 1 under number "Sachsen 00-029" (page 840, 2nd book). Those birds look away from eachother though, and, "mine", look WAY more playful, frolic, happy! I truly LOVE this pin ... Its makes you happy just looking at it dont it? I mean, LOOK at that! Djeezz, if THAT aint cute, WHAT IS?

Those KdF-Leute, sure knew how to pimp their badges! Gosh ... SO beautiful ...

Does anyone know if 131 is a maker, or Bezirk, or whatever? If its a maker, what list do I use to find out who it belongs to? RZM M1 has a 131, but that 1 was never used? My guess is M9/131? Thats Noelle & Hueck ... M9 is for NSDAP Tagungs-stuff, KdF is NSDAP regulated, no?

Im SO stoked with this pin! Enjoy,
Karin-Renate

birdies_01b.jpg (119.78 KB, 212 downloads)
Spectacular view :)
birdies_02b.jpg (115.39 KB, 211 downloads)
Spectacular view :))
birdies_03b.jpg (109.86 KB, 210 downloads)
Spectacular view :)))
birdies_04b.jpg (121.43 KB, 209 downloads)
Spectacular view :))))
birdies_05b.jpg (119.63 KB, 208 downloads)
Spectacular view :)))))

1 member likes this: derjager
OP Offline
More spectacular views, just because

birdies_06b.jpg (122.05 KB, 206 downloads)
birdies_07b.jpg (113.37 KB, 203 downloads)
birdies_08b.jpg (121.82 KB, 204 downloads)
birdies_09b.jpg (122.96 KB, 203 downloads)
birdies_10b.jpg (121.44 KB, 203 downloads)

1 member likes this: derjager
Great piece K . Baby birds. grin
Definitely a pin that brings a smile. Can't beat the hand crafted items.

cool Thanks so much for showing it. 131 could be an item #?

--dj--Joe

Last edited by derjager; 08/03/2010 12:36 AM.

<BR>
OP Offline
Hi all,

The stamp, at the back of the pin? It says "Seiffen Erzgebirge". Seiffen, ofcourse, the place known for woodwork, handcraft + toymakers! The number 131 probably is a maker. But makers in THIS case could also be private people, helping out during the evenings + weekends. Just updating info

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Last edited by Krullies; 08/13/2010 04:26 PM.

OP Offline
Hi all,

Youve gotta admit, the KdF has SUCH lovely pins! Lets put another 1 on the stand, to show you just HOW lovely; the Mitgliedsabzeichen für Gau Köln-Aachen, 1. Form. I saw this 1, several weeks ago, on an auctionsite, with a damaged or scratched out swastika. It was SUCH a beautiful pin though, that we went searching on other sites too.

Hüsken, in the 2010 edition, lists this as rare, on page 179, and actually very expensive? There are a few out there for FAR more reasonable prices at the moment though. Now, the 2. Form, THAT 1 seems harder to find? But also, the KdF is not popular I guess. Not tuff enuff maybe, or not military enuff?

Anyway, rare or not, its a gorgeous little membershippin (so NOT a tinnie!), and Im very proud to show it here. Its keeping all other pins company. I think, a love for KdF can surey be noticed with me

Just look at it guys .. the enamel , how it reflects, even makes the water look fluid! I tried to grab that in pics, but you'll have to make do with the gorgeous green mountain-meadows. The makersname is on the back; Ferdinand Hoffstätter, Bonn. Tried to show that too, but, its not very clear.

Enjoy,
Karin-Renate

KölnAachen_1b.jpg (122.03 KB, 187 downloads)
Awesomeness
KölnAachen_2b.jpg (113.19 KB, 187 downloads)
Backside
KölnAachen_3b.jpg (121.4 KB, 188 downloads)
Backside upsidedown
KölnAachen_4b.jpg (122.47 KB, 186 downloads)
Awesomeness
KölnAachen_5b.jpg (121.99 KB, 186 downloads)
Closeup
Last edited by Krullies; 08/13/2010 04:28 PM.

<BR>
OP Offline
Thanks Joe! Great info! Im getting a little worried though, this here pin, is on Snyder's site, 2 times *LOL* Now THAT cant be good Still, the pin in hand, looks+feels very real, I think what I said earlier is true? Not much interest in KdF.

I think the birdies are awesome and that colorful DdF pin seems good to me. I like it as well. Also as a note, yes Snyder has a lot of fakes but there is legit stuff in the mix as well though.

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: *Adam*
I think the birdies are awesome and that colorful DdF pin seems good to me. I like it as well. Also as a note, yes Snyder has a lot of fakes but there is legit stuff in the mix as well though.

Hi Adam,

Thanks, for that comment on the birdies. they surely DONT come better than THAT 1! It truly is a joy to, well, ENjoy It also get me all fylosophical, like, how that pin contrasts against (cant find better words at the moment but Im sure you get it) the whole swastika concept as it is explained in books. And also, KdF was more complicated then just a holiday-organization or freetime-guide. Theres a whole indoctrination-thing going on. Meanwhile, ordinary everyday people, were involved, in actually making things fun, and awesome, 'cause, thats what they do! This little pin, is part of that. Someone MUST had SUCH fun making it! And, it survived! Not the most heavy robust pin out there? So, it was cared for all this time, probably 'cause it is SUCH a fun thing!

Anyway, Im babbling... Snyder, yeeeeesss, you're right, Adam, you're very right I dont know Snyder or his treasures? So, in fact, I shouldnt talk about it/him then. In fact, I even LIKE the site! I come there often? Its always fun (ill just quote my eternal example, but what better way to explain, eh) to see Eva Brauns negligee or lingery or undies for sale, or those "just discovered" youth paintings of Alois Hitler, or whatever *LOL* Maybe, Snyder even has more fun putting all of that together then all of us have here, making sour faces, if someone thinks something smells like fake or doubt, or if anyone enjoys all this history stuff a bit different from the rest. So, who am I to shout at Snyder? I was just being echo for everyone that speaks of Snyder over at Wehrmacht-Awards or other forums. And I shoudnt do that. Like I shouldnt do a lot of things. So, mister Snyder, if youre listening, I apologize for shouting stuff without actually having cause for that.

So, Adam, thanx, for the thumb up to the pin! Its very nice indeed! Nice of you to stop by

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

R.R Offline
Hi Karin,

Very nice KdF pins collection, with some lovelly and unexpected itens. I allways remember one of the best KdF realizations, the KdF-Wagen:

Sincerely,

Ricardo

Regards,

Ricardo
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: R.R
...Very nice KdF pins collection, with some lovelly and unexpected itens. I allways remember one of the best KdF realizations, the KdF-Wagen...

Hi Ricardo

Thanx for the wonderful comment! And the KdF-Wagen, YES, its great! You have the booklet? Or, booklets? Theres 2 I think? Wicked! You also have the Spar-Karte + Spar-Marken? The booklet is lovely! Ive seen pics of it. 5 of them attached below. Cant quite remember where I found them, so, these arent mine, but, theyre cool enuff to add. Very popular by VW-enthusiasts too I guess?

Some more interesting info here and here.

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

KdF-Wagen_01.jpg (117.9 KB, 190 downloads)
KdF-Wagen_02.jpg (118.67 KB, 190 downloads)
KdF-Wagen_03.jpg (115.56 KB, 190 downloads)
KdF-Wagen_04.jpg (113.44 KB, 190 downloads)
KdF-Wagen_05.jpg (116.06 KB, 187 downloads)
Last edited by Krullies; 08/15/2010 11:16 PM.

R.R Offline
Originally Posted By: Krullies

Thanx for the wonderful comment! And the KdF-Wagen, YES, its great! You have the booklet? Or, booklets? Theres 2 I think? Wicked! You also have the Spar-Karte + Spar-Marken? The booklet is lovely! Ive seen pics of it. 5 of them attached below. Cant quite remember where I found them, so, these arent mine, but, theyre cool enuff to add. Very popular by VW-enthusiasts too I guess?

Karin,

Unhapply I don't have the booklets or the Spar-Karte, but I wrote some times ago a article about the KdF-Wagen development and it's use as staff car in the WWII. It's descendent, the VW-Beetle was produced for several years here in Brazil and is very loved here where it is nicknamned as "Fusca". The beetle was the car that I have my 1st drive lessons.

Sincerely,

Ricardo

Regards,

Ricardo
OP Offline
Very nice Ricardo Your article, can it be found somewhere? Or is it copyrighted? Or in a book maybe? That must be interesting?

R.R Offline
Originally Posted By: Krullies
Very nice Ricardo Your article, can it be found somewhere? Or is it copyrighted? Or in a book maybe? That must be interesting?

Hi Karin,

I wrote this article for a brazilian plastic modeller forum some times ago. The article is a sequence of 6 parts about civil german cars used as staff cars during the WWII and each part group some cars makers history. The Volkswagen/KdF history is in the 6th part. Unfortunatelly it was wrote only in brazilian-portuguese language, but may be you can use a translator in it. The link for the 6 parts is below with each contents. They have very interesting texts and pictures about german cars industry and history until the WWII end.

Part 1 - Adler and Borgward

http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=369&zoneid=30

Part 2 - BMW and Hanomag

http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=371&zoneid=30

Part 3 - Auto Union

http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=373&zoneid=30

Part 4 - Mercedes-Benz

http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=374&zoneid=30

Part 5 - Opel and Ford-Werke

http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=376&zoneid=24

Part 6 - Volkswagen, Maybach, NSU-Fiat, Stoewer and Steyr
http://www.webkits.com.br/news/templates/news.asp?articleid=385&zoneid=14

Ps. Ricardo P-40 is my nickname at the brazilian plastic modellers comunity.

Sincerely,

Ricardo

Regards,

Ricardo
OP Offline
Ooohmy ... cool! My afternoon is spoken for *LOL* Im not very good at Portugeese, so that'll give the translation-engines a work-over Thanks for the readingmaterial Ricardo! Truly very interesting! Thanks!

OP Offline
Hi all,

Sometime ago we discovered a VERY beautiful KdF pin for a swimming pool. Somewhere else, funny enough, a document for that same KdF-Bad! The document is here, the pin, was left forgotten, cause of things going on. Really such a shame ... BUT, maybe, itll pop up somewhere. Anyway, totally forgotten too, by me, was this pin I want to show (off). Its so very lovely, its just loveable with that blue ... it looks even like fabric? But it isnt. Last 2 pics, I used the document, cause its realy very nice, and, I just wanted to use it *LOL* But its a document for a KdF-Bad, not the Messe.

The Leipziger Messe, the trade fair of Leipzig, 1 of the oldest trade fairs in the world! National Socialist era, ofcourse, made it Reichsmesse. After WW2, it was on (or just in) the border of eastern Germany, and got part of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (CoMeCon), which is actualy in 1 of my new schoolbooks! I looked it up, so, thatll be cool to study.

The pin is clearly marked on the back. Efoplast, is said to be pressed paper? But it feels like plastic, realy. Doesnt bend or shape under pressure. D.R.P.a, must be a patentlike thing? The little "a" is throwing me off a bit, I guess. E.O. Friedriech, the maker, in Leipzig.

The image, must be the building, or the entrance of it, where the Messe was at. I think it could be a hotel now, but I couldnt really find good pics to match this pin? So I could be way off there. Here is some info on the history of the Messe and the logos used, with pics. But no pic to match the pin either. Maybe someone has anything?

The Leibziger Messe still exists.

Enjoy,
KR

Frühjahrsmesse_1b.jpg (121.43 KB, 167 downloads)
Front
Frühjahrsmesse_2b.jpg (121.43 KB, 166 downloads)
Close(r)up
Frühjahrsmesse_3b.jpg (122.5 KB, 162 downloads)
Back
Frühjahrsmesse_4b.jpg (120.07 KB, 163 downloads)
Awesomeness
Frühjahrsmesse_5b.jpg (122.49 KB, 162 downloads)
Awesomeness

Karin,

Great shots of a lovely pin. It's a shame so many beautiful things like this go almost un-noticed by the majority of our collecting-community.

Some of the pins recently posted are truly gems!

Bill

OP Offline
Hi Bill!

Thank you much for the comments + the interest! Yes, KdF has SUCH lovely pins, colourful, awesome designs, its truly amazing! The organisation, when you look at it? Learns so much about what went on? The regulated free time, leisure, having all hard working people indoctrinated while resting, but also KdF accomplished amazing yet truly scary things? Really, I love the subject of KdF, it involves so much during the period. And, to boot, WAY gorgeous pins ... how cool is THAT? Anyhow, getting carried away again, sorry ... thanx again Bill!

Sincerely,
KR

Krullies #227791 09/09/2010 08:51 PM
OP Offline
Hi all,

Maybe just a wooden toy to some of you (at least) but, heres a beautiful girl for you to see;

A Bäuerin, for Gau Sachsen ... Shes very lovely, nice colours, no chips missing. Quite tall she is too ... 6,5 centimeters high, or 2.6 inches ... and her pretty little green hat really takes it home. Just look at her. Shes so adorable, no? Imagine the amount of work that goes into making just 1 of these ...

The mark at the back; again, "Seiffen Erzgebirge", but then, it gets a bit vague. It probably says 98.

Enjoy,
KR

Gau_Sachsen_1b.jpg (120.15 KB, 150 downloads)
Front
Gau_Sachsen_2b.jpg (122.04 KB, 150 downloads)
Closeup
Gau_Sachsen_3b.jpg (121.89 KB, 150 downloads)
Back
Gau_Sachsen_4b.jpg (121.77 KB, 150 downloads)
Closeup
Gau_Sachsen_5b.jpg (121.04 KB, 150 downloads)
Awesomeness

Krullies #227886 09/10/2010 09:14 PM
OP Offline
Hi all,

Moving on, not with a pretty wooden pin, but a pretty as well Mitgliedsabzeichen for Gau Berlin. Its on page 179, of the 2010 Hüsken book, and said to be rare Its made of hard grey plastic. Cause Mitgliedabzeichen usualy are of harder material, Im open for suggesting this is a tinnie. Its a very little pin, like, 1.5 centimeters in diameter (0.6 inch).

Berlin, ofcourse, its heraldic sign, is a Bär. And this Bär is in this pin. The swastika careful'ish hidden behind it, but still very visible. The little crown in the sign, is decorated like the RAD-gear-teeth. The back of the pin, shows the makername; Hoffstätter in Bonn.

Tasteful tiny pin, this ... it needs bit ofa cleaning? But very nice to see!

Enjoy,
KR

Gau_Berlin_1b.jpg (120.54 KB, 142 downloads)
Front
Gau_Berlin_2a.jpg (96.63 KB, 142 downloads)
Closeup
Gau_Berlin_3b.jpg (113.37 KB, 142 downloads)
Back

Krullies #227900 09/11/2010 12:35 AM
Both very nice K. I would have thought the KDF Berlin to be made of aluminum.

--dj--Joe

<BR>
derjager #231972 11/06/2010 12:30 PM
OP Offline
Let's see if theres still some interest in these?

A very nice KdF Abzeichen. Like the Betreuerinnen badge, this also has the Edelweiß. The pin is made of yellowish metal, 3 centimeter wide, and almost 4 centimeter high (1.6 by 1.2 inches). Lovely design, see how the Edelweiß leave wiggles the "Fr" away from "eude" The visual got priority to the text. Anyway, I thought a funny detail.

The Edelweiß, I never really thought of it, but, knew it from Kaiserin Elisabeth ofcourse, the Austrian empress, a very beautiful and respected lady, no? She had often the Edelweiß flower in her hair, not always. Also German Kaiser Wilhelm I loved the flower, and the Bavarian King Ludwig too.

There are many many Edelweiß-types, they all come from Asia originally, and have a few flowers that grow in America that are like nephews or nieces to the Edelweiß we know in Europe; the alpine Edelweiß, meaning "white nobless". Higher grounds are needed, the flowers wont grow below 1600 or 1700 meters (about 5500 feet). It is also used as symbol for luck, love or honor.

The SA Gruppen that had the Edelweiß are said to be the most loyal of all SA. The Gruppen were Alpenland, Donau, Hochland, and Südmark. These Gruppen also were allowed to wear different clothing style, like leather shorts. The pic is from the book "Cloths and Insignia of the NSDAP and SA". So, the SA Gruppen, not really part of Gebirgsjäger, they also had the Edelweiß insignia, but those were regular army or SS, not political paramilitary.

Enjoy,
KR

Oberbayern_1b.jpg (122.63 KB, 208 downloads)
Front
Oberbayern_2b.jpg (122.4 KB, 208 downloads)
Back
Oberbayern_3b.jpg (118.97 KB, 206 downloads)
Front closeup
Oberbayern_4b.jpg (120.23 KB, 203 downloads)
Back closeup
Oberbayern_5b.jpg (122.43 KB, 204 downloads)
Different background just for contrast

Krullies #232076 11/07/2010 12:57 AM
Very nice K. I don't believe I've seen that particular tinnie before. smile

Regards,--dj--Joe

<BR>
derjager #232231 11/08/2010 09:36 PM
OP Offline
Hi Joe!

Thank you much for the nice comments! YES its nice, but wait for a more colourful one! That is truly epic! Reckon its just us 2 liking these *LOL* but nevermind .. Thanks joe!

Cheers
KR

OP Offline
Like the Efoplast pin here, I just have to show this one too! Another truly beautiful coloured tinnie by RZM maker M9/148, no? Look at THAT ... The back has the same markings as the light blue Frühjahrsmesse pin in the linked post above, that was also by the same maker.

Again this weird Efoplast. Someone told me that the Efo stuff (there also was Efoleder!) was registered trademark by this maker, Friedrich? Does anybody know more about this?

Anyhow, like the Frühjahrsmesse, this pin, is very very enchanting! The Laternen und Volksfest, or the Lanters and people feast, was started as tradition in 1928, and is still held today, in Halle Saale. Big festivities, with medieval spectacles, parades, exhibitions, street artists, shows of old professions, and many many more. Nowadays, it lasts from 29 to 31 august. In 2009 it got 125000 visitors in these 3 days!

Enjoy,
KR

Zur_Donau_1b.jpg (111.43 KB, 185 downloads)
Front
Zur_Donau_2b.jpg (106.3 KB, 182 downloads)
Back
Zur_Donau_3b.jpg (121.88 KB, 180 downloads)
Back
Zur_Donau_4b.jpg (121.77 KB, 180 downloads)
Front
Zur_Donau_5b.jpg (119.71 KB, 180 downloads)
Closeup

OP Offline
Well, sometimes, all that's needed, is what nature provides, and a little pin, to make an epic photo Look at that gorgeous purple Erica Carnea! Oh, and yes, the pin is nice too Not a special one, but interesting nonetheless, and it has the cool KdF logo on it, so it has my attention fer sure. Gau Franken. No date, no eventname, no nothing, it could be a Mitgliedsabzeichen, but not even Tiëste knows. Its about 2.4 centimeters (0.9 inch) in diametre, made of some light sort of metal, black'ish. The rest, you can see.

Enjoy,
KR

Gau_Franken_2_1b.jpg (122.2 KB, 153 downloads)
Epic purple
Gau_Franken_2_2b.jpg (122.89 KB, 150 downloads)
Front - closeup
Gau_Franken_2_3b.jpg (113.87 KB, 151 downloads)
Back
Gau_Franken_2_4b.jpg (121.74 KB, 151 downloads)
Back - closeup

Karin,

I always enjoy your posts - enthusiasm and knowledge constantly shine through. Great photography too, you have a knack for setting up your shots no matter what you use for background material - a piece of fruit, vegetable, or flower ... those bright splashes of natural color really bring the subject matter to life. On top of that, your explanations and details of the customs, traditions and history add even more zest to your descriptions. Please keep up the good work.

Kind regards and thanks!

Bill

Hi Karin,

What do you make of this one, KdF related? Possibly a trip down south to the Mediterranean? ... lots of lizards down there ... grin

Best!

Bill

kdf.jpg (67.15 KB, 117 downloads)
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: WWII
Hi Karin,

What do you make of this one, KdF related? Possibly a trip down south to the Mediterranean? ... lots of lizards down there ... grin

Best!

Bill

Hi Bill! Skipping quickly my blush from your previous post, That's a nice puzzle, it could be KdF? Please give me a moment (or 2, possibly 3 *LOL*) to dive in some books? Thanks for showing this one! Just thinking, Salamanders? Those are lizards of some sort, no? Could also be Reichskolonialbund? Or do they live in Europe too? Anyways, what is at the back of the pin?
Sincerely,
KR

OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I already posted a lovely little wooden farmergirl from Gau Sachsen. Here is a little wooden deer! Totally lovely colours make another very happy pin! I cant place pics in text, so, see pics 1 and 2.

Gau Sachsen, the Gauleiter was Martin Mutschmann from 1925 to 1945. Mutschmann had NSDAP beliefs ofcourse, but he was maybe more interested in Sachsen and its history, and, he made it his business to preserve. Instead of a big Reich he had a lot of attention for "his" Saxony and for Saxony to remain as it was. When Hitler came to power Mutschmann was made Reichsstatthalter Sachsen. As much eye he had for Sachsen, still he was accused of not preparing Dresden enuff for the allied bombing that took place february 1945. The bombing of Dresden is seen as one of the allied warcrimes.

The little songbook is nice too. Nice enuff to show anyhow, no? The booklet has a specific part that used much by the original owner maybe, so I scanned the page that it wants to show, just in case you wonder whats inside such a book; See pics 3 and 4

It has a forword by Robert Ley, that's his signature; see pic 5

Robert Ley joined NSDAP in 1924 and in 1932 he got elected by Hitler to Reichsorganisationsleiter. in 1922 btw his wife got a daughter named Renate. When Hitler came to power, Robert Ley got appointed as leader of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront. And that was the only workerparty allowed then. He had a bit of a glorified leader's life and got alcoholic, so a lot of his tasks were done by others. His style of living and the alcohol made him maybe a bit more radical in his views then average and he was among the more radical NSDAP members, who intended to fight until the last man fell. In 1944 he was one of the driving people to form the Werwolf comando group that had to make difficult the invasion of the allied forces by using guerilla tactics. When the Third Reich fell, he was to stand trial in Nürnberg but hanged himself before his trial started.

Robert Ley with his wife during for him better days;

Another photo;

His Nürnberg trial mug shot;

Some more little info here, or use Wiki.

Enjoy,
KR

Gau_Sachsen_2_1.jpg (121.71 KB, 113 downloads)
Front
Gau_Sachsen_2_2.jpg (112.7 KB, 112 downloads)
Back
WWUS_1.jpg (119.56 KB, 113 downloads)
Booklet
WWUS_2.jpg (116.14 KB, 110 downloads)
Booklet - inside
Gau_Sachsen_2_3.jpg (121.55 KB, 111 downloads)
Robert Ley preface

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,581 SS Bayonets
1,762,557 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,580 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Latest New Posts
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/24/2024 01:36 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:28 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by benten - 04/23/2024 12:49 PM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/23/2024 10:02 AM
SS honor ring. 1936.
by Sarcasmos - 04/23/2024 01:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,048
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
3 members (atis, benten, polop), 499 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod