UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Signal magazine 1944 - 07/17/2016 05:39 PM
Does anyone either have this issue or at least know about it- in reference to the famous general/ us president on the cover? all I can imagine, knowing the probable cynicism of Germans both by nature and by 1944- is that they are pointing out the fact that US grant also basically headed down a similar path as the reich did with the Jewish population of Kentucky as a general. ( meaning they are calling the soon to be victorious Americans hypocrites).... Noted as president he built a large synagogue in DC perhaps to admit a mea culpa on that, but then again- I've not seen this issue- anyone know what was in that issue of signal?

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: jean Re: Signal magazine 1944 - 09/20/2016 09:58 AM
Byzanti ,
First , just some info concerning the signal magazine .
It has been inspired from the US LIFE magazine.
It was a bimonthly 40 pages publication from 1940 to 1945 .
This mag was published in +/- 25 different languages and distributed in the neutral and occupied european countries.
It was also distributed in north africa as some copies in arabic exist .
I own the English version of your 1/1944 issue .
Inside is a reportage of 5 pages on the US strategy showing to the european people the real (according to Germany) goal of the USA .So nothing to do with a jewish problem as you write.
If you want , I can send you a scan of these 5 pages . Just send me your email address .
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Signal magazine 1944 - 09/20/2016 10:31 AM
Aha! Thank u Jean! Yes I've wondered about this for a while- thank u very much for the info!! Will pm later today w email address- very interesting!!
© Your new forums