UBB.threads
Posted By: Trofim Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 10:29 AM
Good day to all!
I would be grateful if you speak on this subject.
Your expert opinion is interested.
With respect

Attached picture IMG_4431.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4432.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4436.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4437.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4443.JPG
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 02:26 PM
Looks like a nice conditioned #1692 pattern hunting dagger.

The scabbard dedication is a nice touch, how certain are you of provenance and that it was period done?

John
Posted By: Trofim Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 05:49 PM
This dagger lay in the collection of my grandfather. Which took part in the Second World War. I do not know the story of how the dagger came to my grandfather. Therefore, I want to clarify for myself the period of manufacturing this item.
Trofim
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 06:48 PM
The hirschfanger is fine but I do not like the dedication on the lower mount, the ADJV or Allgemeine Deutsche Jagdschutzverein ceased to be in existence in Oct/Nov 1934, this hirschfanger was made in 1935, I'm not sure how a dedication from a defunct association can give a hirschfanger to a SS officer in this case.

Gary
Posted By: Trofim Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 07:08 PM
Posted By: Trofim Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 07:09 PM
Posted By: Trofim Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 07:17 PM
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 07:39 PM
Hi all
Gary I got notified on this thread. How can I help? I can suggest a nice rural policemans or hunters signet ring as a complementary pairing
Mike
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/04/2018 08:48 PM
Hi Mike
I didn't notify you, not sure whats going on.
Cheers
Gary
Posted By: Trofim Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 01/05/2018 08:11 AM
What other versions can there be?
I want to clarify for myself the value of this subject.
With respect
Posted By: wotan Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 02/19/2018 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Baz69
The hirschfanger is fine but I do not like the dedication on the lower mount, the ADJV or Allgemeine Deutsche Jagdschutzverein ceased to be in existence in Oct/Nov 1934, this hirschfanger was made in 1935, I'm not sure how a dedication from a defunct association can give a hirschfanger to a SS officer in this case.

Gary

Hello, even more there is a prominent spelling error which is characteristically for these fake-inscriptions since the prominent Rattenhuber fake inscription which has made it into the TTW collection and the TMJ reference books...

"If you collect German you should think German" (which is NOT meant in any political way!).

Regards,
Posted By: Jeronimo Re: Eickhorn Hirschfaenger - 03/14/2018 05:41 PM
Yes I agree, there IS most definitely a BIG (elementary) grammatical error! That would be the first red flag.
Another point of concern would be the omission of a date. Why memorize something without at least the year of presentation?
Nice Hirschfaenger though!! Too bad someone lowered the value by placing an almost certain bogus inscription on the lower scabbard fitting!!
© Your new forums