UBB.threads
Posted By: palante125 Fire Bayonet With legend - 01/03/2018 04:56 PM
Hello Gentlemen I need your opinion.
Thanks in advance.
Toni

Posted By: AndyB Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 01/03/2018 06:40 PM
Interesting etch.b.r.Andy
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 01/03/2018 07:49 PM
There are many things that I do not like with this...the pommel etch with the swastika for one.

I would be very careful with this one.

John
Posted By: Chief Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 02/26/2018 11:10 PM
I am not an expert on etches, but typically the fire bayonets, axes, and fire daggers do not show a swastika.
I have quite a few, and have never seen one with the swastika.

Chief
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 02/27/2018 12:35 AM
There are a variety of reasons I don't like this bayonet. The hilt looks like a Pack product yet the font is not of Pack origin. The etch is shallow & not well done IMO. The rivets look nonperiod & although I can't be sure, the rivets look buggered which itself would be a very bad sign. Additionally, I agree with Chief that any etched fire bayonet I've seen with a swaz has been bad.
Posted By: AndyB Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 02/27/2018 04:04 PM
Certainly this is a special gift or presentation etching on pommel as MA initials there, same as 12years in NS regime could be exist probably a fire etches with swastika. But as mentioned by Experts it could be too wrong piece, because piece one the pictures are not good visible, and the finish is dark on blade, not nickeled? b.r.Andy
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: Fire Bayonet With legend - 02/27/2018 07:14 PM
Agreeing with the above, the low quality images makes it harder to get a good sense of the finish type and when it was applied. Is there any possibility for some really good closeups in daylight? Best Regards, Fred
© Your new forums