UBB.threads
The item ANTIQUE ENGLISH BRITISH WW I ERA NAVY NAVAL OFFICER DIRK DAGGER SWORD WITH GOLD is a reproduction. I did not pay much attention to it earlier, but there is a lot of bidding. So I thought I would post a last minute warning.
British Naval dirks with leather grips are reproductions. period. A poorly etched blade with gold scattered on it does not make a dagger original.

Here is the link Repro British Naval Dirk
( 332287878619 )
I was about to post this item too. Occasionally this seller sells reproductions as originals. Also, his friend is bidding on his items to push the price up.
Thank you Alex, I always thought we should post more reproductions and fantasy daggers here. The seller is about to receive the price of an original and someone will be out 7 to 800 hard earned cash.
For sure a fake, I'm thinking Indian or Pakistani manufacture? Best Regards, Fred
I believe you are correct. Most of these types of reproductions historically come from India. Although this etch is worse than most so who knows. Unfortunate the hobby is being ruined by these reproductions.
© Your new forums