UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Meeting with B&D Publishing at the MAX - 10/12/2017 05:46 AM
Members,,

Had a very good meeting with the head of the publishing company at the MAX. His name is Mr Dietrich Maerz. Seems he is a Knights Cross expert among other things

Well, it seems like he always has at least 2 books being worked on at the same time.

The ring book is done. I'd like to call it - 'The Beginners guide to 3rd Reich era Military theme Rings.' Yeah its a mouthful but really can't think of anything thats not too crazy sounding.. I'm open to ideas so please post if you'd like..

* Yes the book is done! I have to alphabetize a glossary and do a bibliography which is no big deal..
- So, he's so busy he doesn't want me to send it in for a few months!
Between the passing of my Father and moving out of my house I still have a lot of family obligations. BUT,,right around the middle of November I'm going to send him the book/manuscript anyway!!
IF anyone here would like to see this book in print and for sale in 2018 I ask one small thing,,,
- *Contact /email the publisher and say - 'I'd love to have the ring book in 2018!'..
- Everyone from all over the country and all the other countries we reach around the world would be great to send the email to him!

dmaerz@ironcross1939.com

This is the website below... He does publish excellent books. GREAT quality,,hardcover,,glossy pages,,the best of the best in the monograph type books [which is now the standard of the hobby!] . IF you've seen any of his books you'll know what I mean,,really wonderful books..

http://www.ironcross1939.com

When you pull up this site look for the B&D Publishing LLC link.

* AND,,since I do have a small amount of time,,,any interesting submissions,,, rings,,,and especially photos in wear, please send to me.. I offer photo credits and will list your collecting interests!

So my family needs some time from me which is no problem,, but I will have some bits of time to pop in here and do some ring work if you send anything in... Yeah,,one way or another this will be out in 2018... It's been a long time. In the beginning [99] I got death threats,,couple years later left it alone for some vintage motorcycle races,,then had a few collectors beg me not to do it because it would just lead to better fakes.. But the fakes are here anyway. Then this year I was my Fathers care taker until he just passed on the 27th. He's at rest now,,but I'm not,,the book is roaring to go!

My friends in East Europe, The Baltics, Canada, Italy, CZ Rep., Germany, England, France, all over the U.S. Lets eMail this guy and tell him its got to be in 2018!!

Thanks, its been a tough year for me,,but this will bring me joy,,and you guys will get to finally see some cool stuff!, you ALL will enjoy it I promise!., sorry for the long post,,,thanks guys...,Gaspare
Can not wait thanks G
Posted By: odal Re: Meeting with B&D Publishing at the MAX - 10/12/2017 01:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Can not wait thanks G

Fully agree grin
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Meeting with B&D Publishing at the MAX - 10/22/2017 09:20 AM
Great to hear....... I'm looking forward to own my copy.

Ric
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Meeting with B&D Publishing at the MAX - 10/22/2017 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
Members,,

......IF anyone here would like to see this book in print and for sale in 2018 I ask one small thing,,,
- *Contact /email the publisher and say - 'I'd love to have the ring book in 2018!'..
- Everyone from all over the country and all the other countries we reach around the world would be great to send the email to him!

dmaerz@ironcross1939.com

Done !

Ric
© Your new forums