UBB.threads
Posted By: JohnZ HJ Knife or Fighting Knife or Frankenstein? - 11/15/2017 08:42 PM
This was posted on another forum a while back.

It looks to me like an Imperial Eickhorn fighting knife (back to back squirrel TM) with an added HJ emblem. I do not think much of the Pack style spanner bolt that you can see from behind the emblem.

What do you guys think?

Is this, as stated in the other forum, a very early HJ knife or a creation and modification of a fighting knife done in the period or done later?

John

Attached picture obv.jpg
Attached picture rev.jpg
Attached picture TM.jpg
Posted By: seany Re: HJ Knife or Fighting Knife or Frankenstein? - 11/15/2017 11:07 PM
I'd put my money on it being modified later on to try and ramp the price up.

That's probably how the grip got damaged trying to get the old rivet out.

hope this helps.
Hello John,

Thanks for posting this piece here.

I agree with Sean: that certainly is a modified fighting knife, inspired by the early Anton Wingen Jr, which has a period, screwed rivet (much larger one) that holds the diamond.

Best regards,

Herman
Posted By: JohnZ Re: HJ Knife or Fighting Knife or Frankenstein? - 11/16/2017 04:25 PM
Thanks for that. I had my doubts about this one (it is not mine and never would be).

I have a fighting knife with this mark and this style already, and a couple of the early single oval TM HJs by Eick, so this one was suspicious to me at the very least.

John
© Your new forums