UBB.threads
Posted By: AndyBurton Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/02/2017 05:31 PM
Hi All,
Just received this Heer Dagger by Horster it was described as a sleeper loft find that has never been cleaned. It has a very Dark patina that certainly looks untouched to me, I have simply given the whole dagger a gently applied(no rubbing)coat of Renwax with a cotton rag and let it dry then very gently wiped it off, I think that is all it needs. The Renwax removed quite a bit of brown dirt particularly from the scabbard and removed dust but not affected the Patina at all I hope I have done this right and preserved the age patination.
I did not completely disassemble it but simply took the pommel off to see if it had the Horster mark cast into it which it does and the same mark but larger is present under the blade washer. The blade still has crossgrain but I couldn't get it to show well in the photos, the scabbard fit is very snug and smooth when retracting and inserting the blade, the grip is solid. I would very much appreciate any input as to this daggers authenticity and condition etc.
Cheers, Andy.
[img:right][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:center][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:center][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/02/2017 05:38 PM
Some more photos, scabbard.

[img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]
Posted By: PAULZAYA Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/02/2017 07:56 PM
very nice army. paul
Posted By: seany Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/02/2017 10:57 PM
Really nice army you have there
Posted By: Mac 66 Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/03/2017 05:34 PM
Very nice unmessed with Horster army dagger .

Regards Mac 66
Posted By: dr73 Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/03/2017 07:09 PM
That's a very nice dagger indeed. Love the patina!

Danny
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/04/2017 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies to this topic, I'm very pleased to hear this I thought I had found a nice one but just wanted some opinions from others.
Cheers, Andy.
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/04/2017 06:30 PM
Very nice mid period Horster for sure! love it! Kevin.
Posted By: Gerrit1963 Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/08/2017 08:32 AM
Its a beauty, thx for showing!

Ger
Posted By: Mauser88 Re: Horster Heer, dark patina. - 12/31/2017 05:33 PM
Looks great to me. I've love to have that one for my collection!!
© Your new forums