UBB.threads
Posted By: Vassago Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/04/2017 09:50 PM
Hello colleagues, I have seen for sale this dagger of the Heer of the manufacture "Horster", the seller told me that the whole set is original of the time except the portepee, but I would like to know your opinion about it and if you see any red flag Here, what opinion do you deserve this dagger?

I appreciate your comments and help, a warm greeting fellow.
Well it has a WKC Type-3 crossguard - Not a combination I remember ever seeing. Wouldn't be for my collection.
Posted By: dr73 Re: Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/05/2017 11:16 PM

Attached picture 44e.jpg
Attached picture 44d.jpg
Posted By: dr73 Re: Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/05/2017 11:22 PM
As you can see both daggers are identical. I think they are both perfectly ok.

Danny
Originally Posted By: dr73
As you can see both daggers are identical. I think they are both perfectly ok.
Danny

Well there you have it - Not a combination I was familiar with. Danny this dagger is in your collection ?
Posted By: dr73 Re: Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/06/2017 06:07 AM
Yes, the dagger has been in my collection for many years.

Danny
Posted By: Vassago Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/06/2017 12:06 PM
So the dagger configuration is correct?
Posted By: dr73 Re: Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/06/2017 12:32 PM
The chances of two identical daggers in this configuration being post war assembled are very close to zero. When I look at the matching patina of both daggers I have no doubt at all. To me both 100% correct.

Danny
Posted By: Vassago Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/06/2017 12:56 PM
Thanks dr73 for your answer, then this dagger would be a safe option to purchase for a collection?
Posted By: dr73 Re: Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/06/2017 03:38 PM
I think so. You now have an identical example to prove that yours is ok too smile Even the pommel is the same.

Danny
Posted By: Vassago Opinions for a Dagger of the Heer "Horster". - 11/07/2017 02:20 AM
Thanks mate.
Sorry for my absence Vassago.. Interesting Heer! I like it.. That is the Horster only early scabbard bands, and Horster did use WKC fittings on their early Slant Heers. Notice that Dannies Horster has the earlier large MM, and yours has the smaller later one.. but this could be in the transition after the Horster only guard?? First pic I show the early Horster only bands for comparison and in the second pic I show the Horster guard with a scabbard much more like Dannies.. Best, Kevin.

Attached picture IMG_2258.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2257.JPG
© Your new forums