UBB.threads
Posted By: VGJ5 Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/29/2010 06:47 AM
Hello,

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end of the war.

One of the edged weapons that he brought back was an SA Rohm dagger (made by Eickhorn). I just started learning about the history of this knife over the past week (from posting it on another site, google-searches, etc.). I knew that this knife was somewhat special because my grandfather told me (before he died) that Rohm was executed. What I didn't know until a few days ago, and what I'm pretty sure my grandfather never knew, is the information about the grinding of the inscription.

Anyway, I've kept it in pretty good condition over the years. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have oiled it and treated it more like a diamond years ago (as I will from now on). Enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Gaines

Posted By: F.Smuts Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/29/2010 10:59 AM
Can't see any pictures as of yet.

If it is indeed a real one then there is quite a lot of money in these. Depending of course on quality.

Hoping to see some pictures soon grin
Posted By: VGJ5 Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/29/2010 07:40 PM
I can see the pictures just fine--not sure why they're not showing up for you. Can anyone else see them? If not, can someone help me post pictures on this site? I hit the insert picture button and used http links to my pitures. Is there a way to directly upload pictures from my computer?
Posted By: Vern Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/29/2010 07:50 PM
The picture button only uses photos from a web server. To upload photos to the forum, use the "File Manager" button under the "Reply" window.
Posted By: VGJ5 Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/29/2010 08:33 PM
Thanks Vern! I'll try to add more later, if I can shrink them down to size.

Attached picture a.JPG
Attached picture sig44.JPG
Attached picture b2.JPG
Attached picture d2.JPG
Attached picture e.JPG
Posted By: Sepp Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 06/30/2010 01:35 PM
Nice looking Dagger VGJ5....hope you can take more close ups of the incription...

Sepp

GDC 0292 Gold
Posted By: OverLord Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 10/20/2011 09:44 PM
To be fai the motto looks laser etched - unless this is just the photo. The blade does not fit to the crosguard to well.
Posted By: zorro Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 10/21/2011 01:21 AM
It looks like the genuine article to me.I will give you another tip .Don't ever clean or polish the blade or the fittings.Is the dagger black?
Posted By: OverLord Re: Full SA Rohm (Eickhorn) - 10/21/2011 08:40 AM
I ment the logo - sorry. BTW. Pictures from different angle would clear my doubt.

Any tips on this one http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=253541#Post253541
© Your new forums