UBB.threads
Posted By: Patrick69 RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 09/20/2017 11:18 PM
Hey guys, dumb question. I know next to nothing about cuff titles but I am putting together a RMBO/diplomatic insignia display. I see in period pics that RMBO wore a "OST" cuff title. For the last month or so I have scanned pretty much all of the main dealer's sites but have never seen one for sale. Are these a rare title, and if they do come up for sale what can I expect to pay for one? thanks guys.
Posted By: Vern Re: RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 09/21/2017 03:09 AM
The Collector's Guild sold a silver on black "Ost" cuff title recently for $615. It's still on their site.
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 09/21/2017 06:02 PM
Yup, just saw that one the other day. H.Weitze (sp?) over in Europe had one for over $1600....So I guess they kind run the gamut on pricing....the hunt goes on...Thanks Vern
Posted By: wotan Re: RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 02/19/2018 12:50 PM
Hello, to my best knowledge (but I am no uniform guy) the cuff title "Ost" and the RMBO are two different things. I have a lot of photographs with the ""Ost" cufftitle, eg Bahnschutz (rrpp), Staatsbeamte (gov.), Postschutz (postal protection) and Forst (forest) but none of them is member of the RMBO (Reichsministerium f?r die besetzten Ostgebiete) whose mebers had very special and distinct uniforms (and eagles).
Please correct me when I am wrong.
Regards,
Posted By: Gaspare Re: RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 02/22/2018 12:29 AM

* Pat69..,,,, what is the color is the cuff title on the RMBO set up you saw? could you post the photo?

very confusing this RMBO and Dipo.. To me the RMBO is ' Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories' Rosenberg ran it and collectors usually call the regalia 'Eastern Peoples' insignia..

Brown tunics,,their eagle was a bit larger than the standard tunic breast eagle. Also in brown and white, and a bit different design than standard and worn on the left arm SS style! For me they had very little to do with the diplomatic corps so I don't know why they are always associated.[ Please correct me if I'm giving wrong information].. I have not seen any photos of them wearing black OST cuff titles, but maybe I just haven't seen the photos,,would love to though!
Posted By: wotan Re: RMBO/Eastern peoples cufftitle "OST" - 02/22/2018 02:21 AM
Hello Gaspare, this is the same point of knowledge I do have. Perhaps RMBO and Govs (with "Ost" cufftitle) are mixed up because they do wear the same dagger (but silver or gold colored).
As written, to my best knowledge, there have been several autonomous branches with the "Ost" cufftitle but they had nothing to do with the Rosenberg Ministry (RMBO).
The "Ost" cufftitle has a lot of varations, it even comes in green color for forest. This group did come directly from the family.
Regards

Attached picture Ost.JPG
© Your new forums