UBB.threads
Posted By: Rich Yankowski World of Tanks - 12/30/2017 01:51 AM
Any other WOT players here?
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: World of Tanks - 12/30/2017 03:35 AM
Yes I have been playing WOT on pc since about 6 months after it first came out, Love it! Call of duty was my thing but then this game came along and haven't played anything else since.
I'm a bit of a Tank fanatic and built many scale models and dioramas some of which won IPMS National gold, silver and bronze medals. Here's a few pics of some of my old models.
Cheers, Andy. [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]
Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: World of Tanks - 01/01/2018 05:02 PM
I've been hearing a lot about WOT lately...sounds like fun and addictive.

Andy- your skill with these models is amazing.
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: World of Tanks - 01/01/2018 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Dean Perdue
I've been hearing a lot about WOT lately...sounds like fun and addictive.

Andy- your skill with these models is amazing.

WOT is very addictive takes a while to progress to better Tanks , crew skills etc. Best thing is it's absolutely free and you have the choice of a premium account if you want that you pay for that gets you extra ingame currency, skills etc. There is a great new update coming in march that has absolutely amazing graphics and physics but without too much of a burden on slightly older pc's. The Tanks are very easy to drive and shoot this is not a simulator more of an arcade style shoot 'em up, but you do have to think and use tactics and teamplay.
Thanks for the kind remarks about my models though I don't build much these days as I'm still recovering from a Liver transplant I had last October but I'm sure I will get back to it if I can stop spending so much time playing WOT and viewing this forum.
Cheers, Andy.
A couple more of my tank models and a WOT screenshot to give you an idea of what the game looks like: [img:left][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:center][/img]
Posted By: Rich Yankowski Re: World of Tanks - 01/02/2018 01:02 AM
Stunning models!
Posted By: Rich Yankowski Re: World of Tanks - 01/02/2018 01:16 AM
And like Andy said, WOT can be extremely addicting! It's a lot of fun but can be extremely frustrating as well. Smashed one keyboard after a battle that went south! LOL!
Helps if you have a good computer though. When I first started I was running about 15 FPS(frames per second) at the lowest settings possible. With my new computer(almost two years old now) I run 119 FPS at max settings--BIG DIFFERENCE!
© Your new forums