Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I really needed some help and I have great photos but cant upload due to file restrictions.
It is a SA dagger that is from a F.Dick looks like the early type as far as I know and in exc cond. It has SW on it and the writing is very crisp . I don't like to ask for prices but is $550 US funds reasonable? . I tried to make the pictures smaller without success and they are very high res so seems as though the seller not hiding anything. Could only get 3 pics . Looks to be never opened and pretty nice.

saed1.jpg (62.07 KB, 133 downloads)
SAED2.jpg (77.25 KB, 132 downloads)
SAED4.jpg (48.96 KB, 133 downloads)
Last edited by Devil's Metal; 03/14/2018 12:58 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
wont allow anymore even though I made them very low res. Seems above the makers mark was one of those Rohm ground down I believe its called. He didnt include a pic of the above on that side. This is from as old german couple and they seem very nice people but I cannot visit in person as they are up north so if I buy its with pictures only.

saed7.jpg (55.18 KB, 124 downloads)
eaed8.jpg (56.93 KB, 116 downloads)
Last edited by Devil's Metal; 03/14/2018 01:03 AM.
Hi,
F.DICK seems to be a fairly common maker of SA daggers and I would say that that price is good for what it is, it is in nice condition with its hanger and an early type. SW Gau mark seems to be on most of these makers daggers if not all and if it is a ground Rohm this maker is known for Rohm daggers, but the maker mark apparently should be the type that runs along the blade for Rohm dedication blades and across the blade like this one on their standard Sa daggers as well as the along the blade mark.
Cheers, Andy.

Last edited by AndyBurton; 03/14/2018 01:13 AM. Reason: retyped.
Hi Dev... Friedrich Dick used 6 logo variants with this logo and 2 of which are across the blade as seen in your example..the only difference is the 2 off end dots seen on the opposite ends of the word Esslington.

FDick also produced Rohm examples with this logo variant but rarely encountered. The SA Gruppe mark "Sw" Sudwest is the correct designation where this dagger served in that region of Germany.

$550 is VERY reasonable and I would not mind to add this one to my collection if I had the opportunity as you do.
Nice example. Example below is a variant without the dots on the off ends

Regards Larry

F6.jpg (21.12 KB, 112 downloads)
Last edited by Larry C; 03/14/2018 01:08 AM.

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Andy for for your thoughts. If its common as you say perhaps I will stick with Eickhorn although I did like the condition and that it was an early type. I may offer $400 US and leave it at that.
Funny since I have started to look I find so many now here in Canada which I guess is nice to have choices but, I do not want to insult anyone as I am going along with too low offers.

Last edited by Devil's Metal; 03/14/2018 01:09 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Larry for confirming my thoughts.

Originally Posted by Devil's Metal
Thanks Andy for for your thoughts. If its common as you say perhaps I will stick with Eickhorn although I did like the condition and that it was an early type. I may offer $400 US and leave it at that.
Funny since I have started to look I find so many now here in Canada which I guess is nice to have choices but, I do not want to insult anyone as I am going along with too low offers.

See my earlier reply I edited it while you were replying to it re: Rohm blades, and also bare in mind that this isn't the usual Solingen based maker as most manufacturers were Esslingen is Southern Germany which I should imagine is why there SA Daggers have the Group mark SW = Sudwest (south west).
Cheers.
lol just seen Larry's post which obviously came up while I was messing about trying to type and he says it much better than me and knows much more than I do.

Last edited by AndyBurton; 03/14/2018 01:29 AM. Reason: missing text
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by AndyBurton
Originally Posted by Devil's Metal

See my earlier reply I edited it while you were replying to it re: Rohm blades, and also bare in mind that this isn't the usual Solingen based maker as most manufacturers were Esslingen is Southern Germany which I should imagine is why there SA Daggers have the Group mark SW = Sudwest (south west).
Cheers.
lol just seen Larry's post which obviously came up while I was messing about trying to type and he says it much better than me and knows much more than I do.

Yes I noticed after you had edited, that's OK at least at the moment I have opportunity to purchase an authentic one which seems in this day and age is a challenge in it self. Sad too as I have to question what seem to be nice old couple but, I'm sure they may understand although I doubt they do the Google thing as much as I do. I have sent an offer so we'll see and if its meant to be then it will be my first SA. I have several offers out there on quite a variety across the country which is exciting and a new hobby for me at this time from I will add quite a long line of hobbies. Unfortunately as in my other post I was burned on a Eickhorn hunting dagger with Skinner as my first venture last week which cost me a few hundred before I found this very helpful site and you great people.

If you can buy that for $550 then buy it as the condition is very good and very collectable

Regards Sean
D
OP Offline
D
Well unfortunately they did not appreciate my offer and I fear that opportunity is gone. However now found another but not as nice today a puma and I will post new.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,778 SS Bayonets
1,762,655 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,660 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Latest New Posts
3rd reich cards/photos
by Dean Perdue - 04/24/2024 07:31 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:28 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by benten - 04/23/2024 12:49 PM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/23/2024 10:02 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,053
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (TRIPLE T, Documentalist, Dean Perdue, Mikee, Sasha, Vik), 865 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod